AdvSmoothImageListBox AnimationFactor property

I'm using a TAdvSmoothImageListBox to display a gallery of images from a specified folder. I want to decrease the animation of the images when double clicked because a number of clients are using my application through a Terminal Services environment and the animation is painfully slow to redraw each iteration of the image.

What exactly does the AnimationFactor do? I assumed it was controlling the number of images used to animate the zoom on double click and closing the image, however changing it seems to have no effect.

Is there a way that I can turn off the animation completely?

Regards,
Laurence Bevan

Hi, 

The AnimationFactor determines the speed for calculating the remaining scrolling distance. The lower the factor is, the higher the speed is except for zooming. If AnimationFactor is 0, the scrolling speed should be instant.

Unfortunately the animation for zooming cannot be turned off, we will investigate if we can add a property to control the speed or turn it off completely (ZoomAnimationFactor = 0).

The next version will address this and the property ZoomAnimationFactor should be available.

For the best results you will need to set them both to 0:

AdvSmoothImageListBox1.AnimationFactor := 0;
  AdvSmoothImageListBox1.ZoomAnimationFactor := 0;

Kind Regards, 
Scheldeman Pieter

Pieter Scheldeman2013-03-04 09:06:33

That's great, many thanks.