Update other/external EXE's with TWebUpdate

Hello,

I want to update several applications from a central management utility with TWebUpdate.
AFIK this is not possible based on version as this works only on the calling application itself.
I try now an update procedure based on dates.

Is this a way or the only way to do this or did I miss something ?

Regards
Michael

If these are running applications, TWebUpdate can currently not do this automatically. TWebUpdate can only update a running application in which it is embedded. 
If you want to update other applications, your central management would have to have the capability to close these running apps and then restart them after the update was downloaded.

My only problem is, that the central management tool is shutdown when updating another EXE. Did not find a way to avoid this.

That would only be necessary if the central management tool is updated as well. When in the control .INF file, the appcomps= key in the [application] section, your management tool utilizing TWebUpdate won't be closed.

Sorry,  do not understand what you mean.
When there is a key like appcomps=otherapp.CAB included in the INF file  the management tool closes before updating otherapp.exe, if this key is not included the CAB is only downloaded and does not update the otherapp.exe.

This is my template for the INF files

[update]
newversion=1.0.9.100
localversion=otherapp.exe
[files]
count=1
[file1]
url=http://downloads.myserver.com/webupdates/global/otherapp/otherapp.CAB
newversion=1.0.9.100
descr=OtherApp
compressed=1
[application]
appupdate=1
appname=otherapp.exe
appcomps=otherapp.cab

The [application] section is for SELF updates, not for updates of other apps.

If you want to update other apps, as I explained, you'll need to close these other apps and each [file] section in the .INF file will then just download & extract the CAB file.

Ok, finally got it working.

But it only works if WebUpdate.ExtrractCAB = True, otherwise the CAB file is only downloaded and not extracted.
Looks as if compressed=1 does not work as expected according to documentation.

This is the new template for the INF files

[update]
newversion=1.0.9.100
[files]
count=1
[file1]
url=http://downloads.myserver.com/webupdates/global/otherapp/otherapp.CAB
newversion=1.0.9.100
descr=OtherApp
compressed=1