TAdvStringGrid - Double dropdown when clicking in cell

In my grid I have cells formatted as edComboList, edFloatSpinEdit, and edCheckBox. When I click on a ComboList cell, I would like it to automatically drop down. My issue is that if I have previously clicked in a SpinEdit cell and then click in the ComboList cell, my grid does a double drop down.

I have experimented with grid properties, and am confident that I am missing something.

I have the following settings,

myGrid.MouseActions.DirectEdit := True;
myGrid.MouseActions.DirectComboDrop := False;
myGrid.Navigation.AlwaysEdit := True;
myGrid.Navigation.AutoComboSelect := False;
myGrid.ControlLook.DropDownAlwaysVisible := True;

If I turn off DirectEdit, the double drop stops, but then I have to click twice in the SpinEdit to edit the value.
If I turn off DropDownAlwaysVisible, the double drop stops, but then I have to click twice in the ComboList cell to edit that value. Changing AlwaysEdit to false does not seem to change the behavior.

I am using RAD Studio 10.4 with the latest service packs. I am current with the VCL components as of 8/6/2020.

Thank you for any suggestion.

We could reproduce this and are investigating this.

With the setup as attached, we cannot longer reproduce this.
Can you verify and confirm if this is what you need?
Project1.zip (53.1 KB)

Thank you. I will test it and let you know what I see.

Jeff Hartman

When I use the Project1 that you sent, I am still getting the double dropdown in the grid. I created a short video demonstrating my use of the application, in case that is helpful.

Here is a link to the video... https://youtu.be/G0Eo-dseQFU

Thank you,

Jeff Hartman

I cannot reproduce this.
Can you do a runtime version check:

procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);
begin
  caption := mygrid.VersionString;

to verify you are effectively compiling with the latest source update (8.5.5.3 was tested here).

I am running 8.5.5.1 from July, 2020. I will update and check again.