TAdvMainMenu - disable transition effect

Hi,
I have a TAdvMainMenu using a TAdvMenuOfficeStyler component.

How can I disable the menu transition/animation effect? I just want the menus to be shown as fast as possible with no fancy effect.

Best regards.

I assume you refer to Windows based animations you also have with the standard TMainMenu? (as we didn't add any animation in the TAdvMainMenu component itself).
To globally disable this at Windows level, here is some info:

No, system animations are disabled, so that's not it.

When I click on TAdvMainMenu, it displays the items OK. If I then click on a sub-menu, it displays the sub-menu with spacing between the main menu and the submenu, and then it moves the sub-menu to the edge of the main menu. So it looks like it is animated somehow.

You can see it on the first sub-menu opened in this video:

Tested with VCL UI Pack 10.5.3.0 in RAD Studio 10.4.2.

(same with 10.6.4.0)

Doesn't seem to happen when I convert the TAdvMainMenu to a standard TMainMenu. Done by editing the .dfm file so the items are exactly the same.

Is this happening on multiple machines for you?
Can it be the machine where this is recorded is an older / slow machine?

Its a virtual machine, but running on a super fast PC with 128 GB RAM and 24 processor core. The VM has 32 GB RAM and 8 cores allocated. Nothing else running.

Also, AlphaControls can skin a TMainMenu in the same app on the same VM, and it is drawn perfectly without this "flicker".

Do you test / compare with running directly on a machine, i.e. not a VM?

It was less visible on the PC itself, however, it is clear that the submenu is drawn in the wrong place and moved to the correct one afterward.
But never mind, I have replaced the component with another one that doesn't have the problem.