Shopify Interface

A Shopify-Interface in FNC Cloud Pack will be a good idea.
It is usefull to integrate a Webshop.
Infos on Shopify API reference docs

Hello,

Do you have a detailed idea on how you want to use this component are there any specific features of the API that you would want?

Hello TMS-Team, (short Version, long Version via Mail)

Today, I connect our (VCL) software via REST to the Shopify-API, having many of Requests/Response to/from the Shopify-API, after setup the connection-parameter, to get the latest - so far unsynchronized - Order, the Client-Information and the Order-Items-Information and put this Info to a Memtables to synchronize with the MySQL-Databases.

My Problem now is, that the Shopify-API delivers too much of Information, so I must filter and parse the Json-Subitems, remove the unused data, extracting/ordering the “tags” (Delivery-Time, Delivery-Place, special Comments), converting date/time formats from US to DE – Format, UTF8-conversion etc…
The Authentication (OAUTH2) is a special case, because of the special token needed and we need a Callback-Interface for “localhost”, Login-Screen and 2-factor-authentication...

So I like to have a smarter solution to handle with it, doing the things more automatically.
Maybe not with Shopify’s REST-API, but with the Shopify’s GraphQL-API, to get only the Information I really need (On REST, 1 Order with 10 Items is > 64KB, because of the overhead of the protocol/the bad Shopify-Interface !) .
Using the GraphQL-API this could be much smarter(faster, less data, easier), but it’s harder to code…

A good Interface should have the Basics:

1. Connect and authenticate, corresponding to the Request-Type.
  2. Filter the “right” orders, Items, Clients, Payments-Status , order by time/payment-/fulfillment-status.
  3. Synchronize products, variants and prices to an DB.
  4. Get the right Data within Shopify’s Limit’s (40 API-Calls per minute / max. 250 “Elements” per API-Call), so synchronizing is a huge problem (Example: >250 Orders over Weekends is not much for some of our Clients)!
  5. Set/Change some Order-Information/Product-Information/fulfillment-Status.

What I don’t need: Manipulate the Shops’ Design elements, Marketing-Properties, etc.… maybe in the future…