Property Identifiers not found in TMSFNGRID after update to TMS FNC UI PACK v3.6.0.1

After upgrading my TMS FNC library to the latest version, setting alignment identifiers different from default to anything else results in 'error

Before upgrading, I removed ALL TMS components, using Windows APP 'uninstall' as well as removing any TMS folders, and refreshing my Delphi 10.04.01 IDE Library paths. The TMS SUBSCRIPTION MANAGER v2.1.0.8 showed all components uninstalled, and the latest versions downloaded and ready to install.

So, with a clean install, (no TMS COMPONENTS exists), using TMS Subscription Manager I Installed all new TMS FNC libraries. (especially TMS FNC CORE and TMS FNC UI PACK.)

In Delphi IDE I created a new TMS WEB APPLICATION. the empty project compiles and shows in the browser.

I add a TMSFNCGRID to the project, and it compiles and shows in the browser.

I modify any of the default 5 columns, alignments, (for example; TMSFNCGRID1.COLUMNS[0] HorzAlignment from default of gtaLeading to gtaTrailing, and it does NOT compile, resulting in "[Error] Unit4.pas(68): identifier not found "gtaTrailing""

Compiling Project4.dproj (Debug, Win32)
Unit4.pas(1): Preprocessor: C:\Users\Steve\OneDrive\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Unit4.pas
Command line: C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS WEB Core RSXE13\Bin\Win32\pas2js.exe C:\Users\Steve\OneDrive\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Project4.dpr -MDelphi -l -JeJSON -JRnone -Jminclude -O- -Jc -viw -vnh -vm026,5024,3021,5023,4501 -Jitms.js -Jirtl.js -FUC:\Users\Steve\OneDrive\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\TMSWeb\Debug -vb -vl -dDEBUG -dWEBLIB "-FuC:\Users\Steve\OneDrive\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS WEB Core RSXE13\Core Source;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS WEB Core RSXE13\Core Source\RTL;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS WEB Core RSXE13;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS FNC WX Pack;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS Busines Core Library\source\core\common;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS Busines Core Library\source;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS Busines Core Library\packages\web\pju;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS XData\source\core\common;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS XData\source\core\web;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS XData\source;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS XData\packages\web\pju;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS FNC Core;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS FNC UI Pack" "-FiC:\Users\Steve\OneDrive\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS WEB Core RSXE13\Core Source;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS WEB Core RSXE13\Core Source\RTL;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS WEB Core RSXE13;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS FNC WX Pack;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS Busines Core Library\source\core\common;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS Busines Core Library\source;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS Busines Core Library\packages\web\pju;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS XData\source\core\common;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS XData\source\core\web;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS XData\source;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS XData\packages\web\pju;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS FNC Core;C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS FNC UI Pack"
Pas2JS Compiler version 2.1.1 [2021/09/19] for Win32 i386 / TMS WEB Core version v1.9.1.0
[Warning] WEBLib.TMSFNCCustomPicker.pas(106): Method "SetFont" hides method of base type "TControl" at C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS WEB Core RSXE13\Core Source\WEBLib.Controls.pas(529,22)
[Warning] WEBLib.TMSFNCColorWheel.pas(203): Method "SetFont" hides method of base type "TControl" at C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Local\tmssoftware\registered\TMS WEB Core RSXE13\Core Source\WEBLib.Controls.pas(529,22)
[Error] Unit4.pas(68): identifier not found "gtaTrailing"
Error during compilation
[Fatal Error] Error during compilation

I've repeated these steps many times, uninstalling and re-installing, all with same results.

ANY IDEAS?

Thank you in advance.
Steve Wagner
Instamation Systems Inc.

Add the unit VCL.TMSFNCGraphicsTypes to the uses list. It should be added automatically when you drop a TTMSFNCGrid on the form.

Hello Pieter;

Your suggestion worked fine however, I am finding other units not being added automatically by dropping a TMSFNCGrid component onto a new TMS WEB application. For example, none of the Grid options would work beyond the default settings, and necessitated adding the VCL.TMSFNCGridOptions.pas unit to the USES clause.

Can you suggest reasons why these units are not being added automatically. This opens the possibility that other components are not populating correctly.

Thank you,

Steve Wagner
Instamation Systems Inc.

Hi,

We'll look into this. Not all units are added by default, because not every unit is required. The issue is, when setting properties in designtime, it works in VCL without adding the units, but it doesn't work in TMS WEB Core, so we still need to investigate why this is the case. The default units should be added because we add them via a designtime helper, but the grid options is not added in this list. Adding grid options in this list will be the solution. Until we find a proper solution, you will have to add units manually, like this is the case in VCL sometimes to call specific functionality, which is not found in the base units added when you drop the component on the form.