Problem with combined-Ids

Hi,

I have a class with a combined primary-key. If I save an instance of the class nothing is happening: Neither an exception is raised nor the data is inserted to the database. But the table in the database is created correctly with BuildDatabase.
If I add an Id-field to my class and use this with a sequence as the primary-key everything works as expected.

The class looks like this:
  [Entity]
  [Table('MyClass')]
  [Id('fClassA', TIdGenerator.None)]
  [Id('fClassB', TIdGenerator.None)]
  TMyClass = class
  private
    [Association([TAssociationProp.Required])]
    [JoinColumn('ClassA_ID', [TColumnProp.Required])]
    fClassA: TMyClassA;
    [Association([TAssociationProp.Required], CascadeTypeAll)]

[JoinColumn('ClassB_ID', [TColumnProp.Required])]

fClassB: TMyClassB;

[Column('Text', [TColumnProp.Required])]
    fText: string;
    procedure SetText(const Value: string);
    procedure SetClassA(const Value: TClassA);
    procedure SetClassB(const Value: TClassB);
  public
    property ClassA: TMyClassA read fClassA write SetClassA;
    property ClassB: TMyClassB read fClassB write SetClassB;
    property Text: string read fText write SetText;
  end;

Is there anything I miss - or is it just a bug in Aurelius?

Regards,
Michael

It should work fine, can you provide the full source code that is causing the problem? What is exactly you're doing?

A side comment, are you creating this classes from scratch or are you trying to adapt existing tables? If those are new tables, I strongly recommend not using composite id's. 

Hi Wagner,

I'm creating the classes from scratch and user Aurelius to create my Database. And of course I could use a single-column-id but for the data-model it makes no sense.
I can provide you my full source code, if you give me an email-adress to which I can send it.

Hi Michael,

you can send to our support e-mail support@tmssoftware.com.
Why it doesn't make sense? It's just for a valid id, any data model can be built with the unique id, then you can use the composite id just as unique keys.

Hi Michael, I haven't received an answer from you. Any news about this?

Hi Wagner.

I build the object now with an seperate Id-field. Even if it makes no sense in my opinion because it's just overhead.
But I'm currently preparing a demo-project to present you the problem, and another issue with deleting objects.

Regards,
Michael