Prevent Advmainmenu from Taking Focus

I am creating Visual Studio style editor in which forms containing an advmemo can be either docked or floated. I am using advmaimenu and the problem is that clicking the advmainmenu will take focus away from the floating window. This question is essentially identical to one that was asked on Stackexchange (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22557995/how-do-i-prevent-menu-and-toolbar-clicks-stealing-focus-from-a-floating-form) with respect to using stock Delphi components but I want to be able to use advmainmenu and the solution on StackExchange does not seem applicable. 

How can I prevent AdvMainMenu from taking focus from a floating window?

Do you use the TAdvMainMenu directly on a form or connected to a TAdvToolBar on a TAdvDockPanel?

I use it directly

In that case, the behavior should be the same as for a standard VCL TMainMenu. In this usage, all that is done in TAdvMainMenu is custom painting, but behavior itself is not changed.

If I did connect Advmainmenu to a Tadvtoolbar on a Tadvdocpanel is there a way to prevent the menu from taking focus? The problem with putting the menu on the toolbar is that it won't style like a menu -- it will look like a toolbar -- is there a way to get the toolbar's background color to automatically display the colors that a TAdvMainMenu would display with the same style setting?

There is currently nothing built-in in TAdvMainMenu or TAdvToolBar that would prevent the parent form to become active window and get focus.  When using the TAdvMainmenu with a TAdvToolBar, the intention is to look like Office 2003 style main menu with dockable toolbars. This is by design.