Livegrid and scroll many records

hi,

i've a problem to scroll on android palm 'by finger' many records (about 500) using livegrid... the scrolling is very very slow, but if i use tableview or listbox this go fine, its very fast ... well there is any way to have a better performance? or i must use another way to solve this problem ? like using tableview or listbox ?

on a grid i already used suggestion by pieter of : TMSFMXGrid1.Options.Rendering.Mode :=
rmPaintCellsAndChildren; but result is same !!

Thank u

<o:p></o:p>

Hi, 

We have already maxed out performance on the way the grid is designed. It's has been built with maximum flexibility in mind. This was the way to go with the first FireMonkey version but isn't the correct approach anymore. If we need to improve performance, we would need to rewrite the grid. We have already added this on our todolist for further investigation.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

in waiting for your test and modifications... there is a work around to use live grid in the fast way ? give me code if possible. Thank u

Hi, 

You can increase the default rowheight so there are less cells visible. It also depends on the hardware that you are using. Are you using boolean fields, checkboxes? 

Kind Regards, 
Pieter 

Pieter,
Have you fixed the performance issue on livegrid loading like 3500+ records?
What about the new FNC components are there a similar component like FMX livegrid that would be better than using FMX Livegrid?
What are the differences going from FMX to FNC components?

Thanks
Garnet

Guido,
What was the work around for using live grid in the fast way?
Help!
Thanks
Garnet

Hi,

The difference are that the FNC grid uses painting instead of real live cell object management, which is faster as well as it doesn't use LiveBindings, it uses a grid database adapter that manages the record loading separately. In FNC, the whole record loading mechanism is based on a buffer count that is limited by the amount of visible rows, so only the visible rows are loaded from the dataset.

Pieter,
Can FNC and FMX components be within an App?

Thanks
Garnet

Yes, FNC runs on VCL, FMX, WEB and Lazarus

Guido,
What was the work around for using live grid in the fast way?
Help!
Thanks
Garnet