Library or object missing

I was able to install TAdvStringGrid into Seattle 10 Rad only by cheating the installation setup program.  I did this by duplicating the entire Embarcadero installation from Program Files (x86), the default install folder, into \Program Files....

Now I create a new C++ VCL form application, 64-bit windows platform only, and drop a single TAdvStringGrid onto the form.  Then I saved the project in a local directory, and hit F9, run.

Compilation immediately reports:"Unable to find static library: asgdxe9.a".

..and it is correct, there is no apparent existence of this file anywhere... so I check "Remove the reference", and continue compilation.

Build concludes with 1 error: [ilink64Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'ADVGRID.O'

So my questions are obvious: 

Where is asgdxe9.a or where is advgrid.o?

How should I proceed to create this very simple application with only a single TAdvStringGrid on the form, compile into a single 64-bit Windows application, in a single 64-bit executable?

I have sent by email information about what is wrong in the setup of your IDE.

Try to fix this and rerun the installer. This should build the 64bit files.
Alternatively, open ASGDXE9.DPROJ from the IDE, select the target to Win64 and compile this package. This should also generate ASGDXE9.a 

After registry entry change for Rootdir entry to ..\Program Files (x86)..., I then start Studio 10 RAD, and then attempting to compile asgdxd9.dproj, I receive

"[dcc64 Fatal Error] asgdxe9.dpk(37): E2202 Required package 'designide' not found"

I have only the 64-bit Windows target platform.

I note that there exists these files:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\lib\win32\debug\designide.dcp
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\lib\win32\release\designide.bpi
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\lib\win32\release\designide.dcp

Is there supposed to exist a 64-bit version of designide.dcp?

Neither of these files, asgdxe9.a or advgrid.o, have as yet been produced.

You should NOT compile a design-time package for 64bit.
Design-time packages are used by the IDE only and the IDE is still 32bit only.

Sir, I believe I have done exactly as you have instructed.  

I receive a message, compiling YOUR file, unaltered by me, that something is missing.  

I am not the shepherd of your code, you are.

Here is a picture of what the screen shows, when I have performed exactly as you have specified:

http://www.penguinscouts.com/Tadv/PrettyClear.jpg

When I click the OK button, I am presented with this:

http://www.penguinscouts.com/Tadv/TheErrorMsg.jpg

I expected this entire "installation of a component for x64" to be a simple point and click exercise, not some protracted install missing files experiment.

Yesterday at 11:28pm (you say) " I have sent by email information about what is wrong in the setup of your IDE.Try to fix this and rerun the installer. This should build the 64bit files."

That done, the setup did not "should build the 64bit files".  I presume the file I would be looking for is name ADVGRID.O.  I do not file that file, and neither does the C++ compilation of a simple AdvStringGrid on an otherwise empty form.

So, please, Sir, in simple steps, explain how I can have 1) install the package into Studio Seattle 10 Rad so that 2) a functional C++ personality that will compile and link a 64bit executable

Your Setup.exe has produced no 64bit file, no .O files at all.

Here is the result of the setup log file:

http://www.penguinscouts.com/Tadv/TAdvStringGrid_7.9.2.5.log

When I open these URLs, I get:

This site can’t be reached

<strong js="hostName" jstcache="20">www.penguinscouts.com took too long to respond.</strong>

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Please try the URLs again. 

There was a netblock on 217.x.x.x

Also, the actual images and text were posted to you in direct email.

Still the same error:

This site can?t be reached

<strong js="hostName" jstcache="20">www.penguinscouts.com took too long to respond.</strong>

Hi Nancy,

I emailed the complete details to Bruno's email address and asked him to forward to you.  I did not have your email address.

You web forum has no means of posting any  photo.

Here is the log file contents, and there is no 64-bit file indicated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
/SL5=$E11FE,44583448,54272,Z:\MY DOWNLOAD FILES\TMS COMPONENT PACK\SETUP.EXE

INFO BEFORE SETUP

OS Name: Windows 7 RTM SP1
Major version number: 6
Minor version number: 1
Build version number: 7601
Installed .NET versions:
.NET version 2.0 Found
.NET version 4.0 Found

INITIALIZING SETUP version [7.9.2.5] :08-04-2016 09:35:34

Delphi10Seattle found
Builder10Seattle found
Activating software with username:
****** / serial:**********
PRE-COMPILATION : Correct Delphi / C++ Builder Environment found
PRE-COMPILATION : Correct Delphi / C++ Builder Environment found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi 5--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for D5 found
Packages for D5 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi 6--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for D6 found
Packages for D6 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi 7--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for D7 found
Packages for D7 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi 2005--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for D2005 found
Packages for D2005 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi 2006--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for D2006 found
Packages for D2006 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi 2007--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for D2007 found
Packages for D2007 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi 2009--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for D2009 found
Packages for D2009 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi 2010--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for D2010 found
Packages for D2010 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi XE--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for D2011 found
Packages for D2011 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi XE2--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE2 found
Packages for DXE2 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi XE3--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE3 found
Packages for DXE3 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi XE4--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE4 found
Packages for DXE4 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi XE5--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE5 found
Packages for DXE5 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi XE6--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE6 found
Packages for DXE6 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi XE7--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE7 found
Packages for DXE7 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi XE8--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE8 found
Packages for DXE8 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi 10 Seattle--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE9 found
COMPILATION : Correct Delphi / C++ Builder Environment found
Delphi 10 Seattle selected for installation
---- START RSVARS.BAT CONTENTS ----
@SET BDS=C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0
@SET BDSINCLUDE=C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\include
@SET BDSCOMMONDIR=C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0
@SET FrameworkDir=C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5
@SET FrameworkVersion=v3.5
@SET FrameworkSDKDir=
@SET PATH=%FrameworkDir%;%FrameworkSDKDir%;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\bin64;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\InterBase\redist\InterBaseXE7\IDE_spoof;%PATH%
@SET LANGDIR=EN
@SET PLATFORM=
@SET PlatformSDK=

---- END RSVARS.BAT CONTENTS ----
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\ASGDXE9.dproj
COMPILE PATH   :   MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Debug /p:platform=Win32 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Bpl" ASGDXE9.dproj
SOURCE PATH    :   C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid<br>MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Debug /p:platform=Win32 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Bpl" ASGDXE9.dproj  
---- START TMSCOMPILE1.BAT CONTENTS ----
ECHO CALLING RSVARS.BAT
CALL "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\bin\rsvars.bat"
ECHO CALLING MSBuild
CALL MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Debug /p:platform=Win32 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Bpl" ASGDXE9.dproj
ECHO COMPILATION DONE
---- END TMSCOMPILE1.BAT CONTENTS ----
starting command line compiler  : C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\TMSCompile1.bat
starting command in working dir : C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid<br>
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid>ECHO CALLING RSVARS.BAT
CALLING RSVARS.BAT

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid>CALL "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\bin\rsvars.bat"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid>ECHO CALLING MSBuild
CALLING MSBuild

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid>CALL MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Debug /p:platform=Win32 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Bpl" ASGDXE9.dproj
Microsoft (R) Build Engine Version 3.5.30729.5420
[Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0.50727.5485]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2007. All rights reserved.

Build started 4/8/2016 9:38:01 AM.
Project "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\ASGDXE9.dproj" on node 0 (Build target(s)).
  Creating directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug".
BuildVersionResource:
  CodeGear Resource Compiler/Binder
  Version 1.2.2 Copyright (c) 2008-2012 Embarcadero Technologies Inc.

Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.0.5724.0

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Deleting file "ASGDXE9.vrc".
_PasCoreCompile:
  Embarcadero Delphi for Win32 compiler version 30.0
  Copyright (c) 1983,2015 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.
advspin.pas(1024): warning W1000: Symbol 'IsNumber' is deprecated: 'Use TCharHelper'
advspin.pas(1035): warning W1000: Symbol 'IsNumber' is deprecated: 'Use TCharHelper'
advspin.pas(1035): warning W1000: Symbol 'ToUpper' is deprecated: 'Use TCharHelper'
advspin.pas(1035): warning W1000: Symbol 'ToUpper' is deprecated: 'Use TCharHelper'
asgdxe9.dpk(116): warning W1033: Unit 'htmlprop' implicitly imported into package 'asgdxe9'
asgdxe9.dpk(116): warning W1033: Unit 'HTMLText' implicitly imported into package 'asgdxe9'
asgdxe9.dpk(116): warning W1033: Unit 'htmlde' implicitly imported into package 'asgdxe9'
asgdxe9.dpk(116): warning W1033: Unit 'asgxlsfmt' implicitly imported into package 'asgdxe9'
asgdxe9.dpk(116): warning W1033: Unit 'AdvGDIP' implicitly imported into package 'asgdxe9'
  198624 lines, 2.45 seconds, 2271720 bytes code, 3256 bytes data.
Done Building Project "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\ASGDXE9.dproj" (Build target(s)).

Build succeeded.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\ASGDXE9.dproj" (Build target) (1) ->
(_PasCoreCompile target) ->
  advspin.pas(1024): warning W1000: Symbol 'IsNumber' is deprecated: 'Use TCharHelper'
  advspin.pas(1035): warning W1000: Symbol 'IsNumber' is deprecated: 'Use TCharHelper'
  asgdxe9.dpk(116): warning W1033: Unit 'htmlprop' implicitly imported into package 'asgdxe9'
  asgdxe9.dpk(116): warning W1033: Unit 'HTMLText' implicitly imported into package 'asgdxe9'
  asgdxe9.dpk(116): warning W1033: Unit 'htmlde' implicitly imported into package 'asgdxe9'
  asgdxe9.dpk(116): warning W1033: Unit 'asgxlsfmt' implicitly imported into package 'asgdxe9'
  asgdxe9.dpk(116): warning W1033: Unit 'AdvGDIP' implicitly imported into package 'asgdxe9'

9 Warning(s)
    0 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:02.93

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid>ECHO COMPILATION DONE
COMPILATION DONE
open     C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\TMSCompile1.bat          C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid&nbsp;   => COMPILE SUCCES
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\ASGXLSDXE9.dproj
COMPILE PATH   :   MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Debug /p:platform=Win32 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Bpl" ASGXLSDXE9.dproj
SOURCE PATH    :   C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid<br>MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Debug /p:platform=Win32 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Bpl" ASGXLSDXE9.dproj  
---- START TMSCOMPILE4.BAT CONTENTS ----
ECHO CALLING RSVARS.BAT
CALL "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\bin\rsvars.bat"
ECHO CALLING MSBuild
CALL MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Debug /p:platform=Win32 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Bpl" ASGXLSDXE9.dproj
ECHO COMPILATION DONE
---- END TMSCOMPILE4.BAT CONTENTS ----
starting command line compiler  : C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\TMSCompile4.bat
starting command in working dir : C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid<br>
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid>ECHO CALLING RSVARS.BAT
CALLING RSVARS.BAT

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid>CALL "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\bin\rsvars.bat"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid>ECHO CALLING MSBuild
CALLING MSBuild

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid>CALL MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Debug /p:platform=Win32 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Bpl" ASGXLSDXE9.dproj
Microsoft (R) Build Engine Version 3.5.30729.5420
[Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0.50727.5485]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2007. All rights reserved.

Build started 4/8/2016 9:38:05 AM.
Project "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\ASGXLSDXE9.dproj" on node 0 (Build target(s)).
  Creating directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug".
BuildVersionResource:
  CodeGear Resource Compiler/Binder
  Version 1.2.2 Copyright (c) 2008-2012 Embarcadero Technologies Inc.

Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.0.5724.0

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Deleting file "ASGXLSDXE9.vrc".
_PasCoreCompile:
  Embarcadero Delphi for Win32 compiler version 30.0
  Copyright (c) 1983,2015 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.
xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(593): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(606): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(685): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(738): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1022): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1032): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1145): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1175): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1534): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1613): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1619): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1657): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1716): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1826): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1830): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1857): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
xlsadapter\tmsUXlsEncodeFormula.pas(1321): warning W1000: Symbol 'TCharacter' is deprecated: 'Use TCharHelper'
  41202 lines, 0.89 seconds, 567776 bytes code, 11676 bytes data.
Done Building Project "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\ASGXLSDXE9.dproj" (Build target(s)).

Build succeeded.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\ASGXLSDXE9.dproj" (Build target) (1) ->
(_PasCoreCompile target) ->
  xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(593): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
  xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(606): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
  xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(685): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
  xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(738): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
  xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1022): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
  xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1032): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
  xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1145): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
  xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1175): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
  xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1534): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
  xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1613): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
  xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1619): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
  xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1657): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
  xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1716): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
  xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1826): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
  xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1830): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
  xlsadapter\tmsUOle2Impl.pas(1857): warning W1000: Symbol 'Seek' is deprecated
  xlsadapter\tmsUXlsEncodeFormula.pas(1321): warning W1000: Symbol 'TCharacter' is deprecated: 'Use TCharHelper'

17 Warning(s)
    0 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:01.32

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid>ECHO COMPILATION DONE
COMPILATION DONE
open     C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\TMSCompile4.bat          C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid&nbsp;   => COMPILE SUCCES
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi XE10--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE10 found
Packages for DXE10 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi 2005 for .NET--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi 2006 for .NET--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Delphi 2007 for .NET--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Builder 5--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for C5 found
Packages for C5 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Builder 6--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for C6 found
Packages for C6 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Builder 2006--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for D2006 found
Packages for D2006 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Builder 2007--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for D2007 found
Packages for D2007 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Builder 2009--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for D2009 found
Packages for D2009 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Builder 2010--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for D2010 found
Packages for D2010 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Builder XE--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for D2011 found
Packages for D2011 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Builder XE2--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE2 found
Packages for DXE2 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Builder XE3--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE3 found
Packages for DXE3 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Builder XE4--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE4 found
Packages for DXE4 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Builder XE5--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE5 found
Packages for DXE5 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Builder XE6--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE6 found
Packages for DXE6 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Builder XE7--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE7 found
Packages for DXE7 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Builder XE8--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE8 found
Packages for DXE8 not found
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Builder 10 Seattle--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE9 found
COMPILATION : Correct Delphi / C++ Builder Environment found
Builder 10 Seattle selected for installation
---- START RSVARS.BAT CONTENTS ----
@SET BDS=C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0
@SET BDSINCLUDE=C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\include
@SET BDSCOMMONDIR=C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0
@SET FrameworkDir=C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5
@SET FrameworkVersion=v3.5
@SET FrameworkSDKDir=
@SET PATH=%FrameworkDir%;%FrameworkSDKDir%;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\bin64;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\InterBase\redist\InterBaseXE7\IDE_spoof;%PATH%
@SET LANGDIR=EN
@SET PLATFORM=
@SET PlatformSDK=

---- END RSVARS.BAT CONTENTS ----
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\ASGDXE9.dproj
COMPILE PATH   :   MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Debug /p:platform=Win32 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Bpl" ASGDXE9.dproj
SOURCE PATH    :   C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid<br>MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Debug /p:platform=Win32 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Bpl" ASGDXE9.dproj  
open     MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Debug /p:platform=Win32 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Bpl" ASGDXE9.dproj          C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid&nbsp;   => COMPILE SUCCES
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\ASGXLSDXE9.dproj
COMPILE PATH   :   MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Debug /p:platform=Win32 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Bpl" ASGXLSDXE9.dproj
SOURCE PATH    :   C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid<br>MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Debug /p:platform=Win32 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Bpl" ASGXLSDXE9.dproj  
open     MSBuild /target:Build /p:config=Debug /p:platform=Win32 /p:DCC_DcuOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_HppOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_ObjOutput="C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\Win32\Debug" /p:DCC_BpiOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_DcpOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Dcp" /p:DCC_BplOutput="C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\Bpl" ASGXLSDXE9.dproj          C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid&nbsp;   => COMPILE SUCCES
-------------------------------------------------Initializing setup for Builder XE10--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Packages for DXE10 found
Packages for DXE10 not found
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\TAdvStringGrid\movefiles.bat SUCCESFULL
-----------------------

When I build a C++ VCL Form application TAdvStringGrid, compile, then link, I get message
[ilink64 Error] Fatal: Unable to open file 'ASGDXE9.A'

Please show me how to make file ASGDXE9.A

Here is a video showing that I did as Bruno said I should do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cIZ7h53aDM

What step differs from what he explained?

We will provide by email a package that will allow to compile for 64bit from the IDE.