How will the grid Excel bridge be handled?

Hello,

how will smart setup handle the tMS VCL Grid Excel Bridge?
Will it - when availible in Smart Setup - be rebuild in a smart way, so I dont have to care about any more when either updating flexl oder VCL UI Pack?

Björn

Yes, it will install smoothly.

be rebuild in a smart way

Yes, it's TMS Smart Setup. ;-)

When will it be availible?
Currently I can't install it when installing vcl.ui pack and flexcel wirth smart install as the VCL bridge can't find the flexcel installation.

It is ready, but we are figuring out how to put it in the system, as the fetch system can't still handle.
In the meantime, if you want to try it, you can:

1. Get the smart setup bundle of VCLBridge from here:
    https://download.tmssoftware.com/flexcel/samples/tms.vcl.excel.bridge.smartsetup.zip

2. Unzip it in the folder "Products" under the root where smart setup is. The name of the folder where you unzip it doesn't really matter.

3. That's it. Now run tms build again, and it should install the bridges.

Ps: I tried to give a better explanation of how this works here: TMS Software | Blog but basically smart setup can work with packages that you download from us, or with other packages like this one. Just unzip them into "Products"

The bridges are already available. If you had installed manually, the steps to update are:

1. Go to the "Products" folder and delete the folder where you unzipped the manual version.
  2. tms build //this will uninstall it
  3. tms install tms.vcl.excel.bridge

Hello,

a late answer but it's working perfect.
Thank you!

Björn

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.