How to copy content of an Excel file to a new file

Hello,

I need to performs some basic stuffs with Excel files.
  1. Copy a specified range of data from a worksheet to a new Excel / WorkSheet file. Difficulty is that I need to copy data from the 3rd Row, until the last one.
  2. On the new Excel file : I need to add new columns that will basically performs some calculation (A1+B1+D1 on the first row, A2+B2+D2 on the second row and so on, until the last row)
This doesn't seems complicated and I guess that FlexCell can do this "finger in the noze". Can you help me on this ?

Thank you

Regards,

St?phane WIERZBICKI

Hi,
You could use InsertAndCopyRange http://www.tmssoftware.biz/flexcel/doc/vcl/api/FlexCel.Core/TExcelFile/InsertAndCopyRange.html to do both 1) and 2). Some example code is below.
Some hints:
1. There are multiple ways to fill a range of cells (your requirement number 2). I just entered once and copied it down, but there are other options here: http://www.tmssoftware.biz/flexcel/doc/vcl/tips/expanding-formulas.html

2. If the sheet you are copying from xls1, has references to other sheets (say you have in sheet1 a formula =Sheet2!A1) and you only copy sheet1, those formulas will be wrong in the new file. So that's why I added a ConvertFormulasToValues call, with only external formulas.

program Project46;

{$APPTYPE CONSOLE}

{$R *.res}

uses
  System.SysUtils, VCL.FlexCel.Core, FlexCel.XlsAdapter;

var
 xls1, xls2: TExcelFile;
 colcount: integer;
begin
  xls1 := TXlsFile.Create('r:\test.xlsx');
  try
    xls2 := TXlsFile.Create(1, TExcelFileFormat.v2016, true);
    try
      xls1.ConvertFormulasToValues(true); //not needed if you don't have formulas in xls1 pointing to other sheets.
      xls2.InsertAndCopyRange(
        TXlsCellRange.Create(3, 1, xls1.RowCount, 1), //copy from row 3 in xls1. columns don't matter, we will copy full rows
        1, //copy to row 1 in xls2.
        1, //copy to column A in xls2
        1, //copy just one time.
        TFlxInsertMode.ShiftRowDown, //copy full rows and insert them into the new file.
        TRangeCopyMode.All,
        xls1, //copy form xls1
        1 //from sheet 1 (to activesheet in xls2)
      );

//cache xls1.colcount, since it is a slow method. RowCount isn't slow, but colCount is.
      colcount := xls1.ColCount;
      xls2.SetCellValue(1, colcount + 1, TFormula.Create('=A1+B1+D1'));
      xls2.InsertAndCopyRange( //expand the formula down for xls1.RowCount -3 rows.
        TXlsCellRange.Create(1, colcount + 1, 1, colcount + 1),
        2, colcount + 1, xls1.RowCount - 3,
        TFlxInsertMode.NoneDown //don't insert, only copy.
        );

xls2.Save('r:\result.xlsx');

finally
      xls2.Free;
    end;
  finally
    xls1.Free;
  end;

end.

Thank you for your help