FNCHTMLText freezing with long text (FMX)

Hi
For the first time I'm using FNC HTMLText in FMX mode to display long term of use (4 word pages from legal) => 4000 pixel of height => 2 heavy impacts :

1. IDE Delphi Pro 10.4.2 seems in difficulty to manage form in this case with such high HTMLText
  2. Android app is freezing (warning from OS about abnormal behavior)

Is there a limit to not oversize? I tried by splitting into 10 FNC HTMLtext with same impacts.
What is the best approach to display such long text?

Thanks

The TTMSFNCHTMLText is designed for shorter text descriptions, not for long text. It's unclear what the limitation is, but please send us a sample that demonstrates the issue so we can investigate here what is going on.

I tried to create a sample app including issue
Here an FMX Delphi app with the FNCHTMLText with a large text with some HTML Tag (less than in my original app)
I reproduce issues

• slow down IDE
  • slow as Win32 app (even on i7 / 48 Go )
  • freezing as Android 64 App

Test_TMS_FNCHTMLText.zip (51.8 KB)

No idea about this strange behaviour from FNCHTMLText ?

Is there somebody with an idea to display a read only page with quite rich content in FMX / Android App?

Thanks

Hi,

We still need to allocate time to investigate this. We'll do this as soon as time permits.

Hi,

TTMSFNCHTMLText is actually designed for smaller descriptions and not optimized for larger pieces of text especially when they exceed the boundaries of the visible area. If you want to display HTML/rich text more efficiently, please take a look at the TTMSFNCRichEditor.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.