Chromium Support

On March 17, 2015, Microsoft announced that Microsoft Edge would replace Internet Explorer as the default browser on its Windows 10 devices.

On December 6, 2018, Microsoft announced major changes to Edge, including that it will be re-based on Chromium.

Since WebGMaps is currently built using a TWebBrowser, does TMS have plans to support/switch to Chromium for your internal browser and if so do you have an ETA?

We monitor what Microsoft will be doing.
The payload in the current situation to use & deploy Chromium along with applications is quite large. The current TMS WebGMaps has no payload at all in this respect.

So, we hope that eventually we'll have a solution via Microsoft that would enable to use WebGMaps without additional payload,  i.e. extra deployments with your application and extra install complexities.
Thanks for the quick reply Bruno. 

Btw, I didn't mean anything by it, I should have started with "..as I am sure you already know, .." as I am confident you do monitor what Microsoft is doing :-)

That said, since a TWebBrowser component can display Web pages that Microsoft Internet Explorer can display (not Edge: which would/will be the browser with Chromium support), how would that work? 

So regardless of what Microsoft does, Unless Embarcadero changes/enhances TWebBrowser to also support Edge (which is unlikely), I don't see how support of Chromium for WebGMaps can be achived via a TWebBrowser. 

If Edge would be Chromium based, it becomes worthwhile to investigate how a custom browser control could be mapped on Edge. 

Thanks Bruno, sounds like this is the way Microsoft is heading towards (Edge being Chromium based in upcoming/future versions).