can't find unit "XData.Web.JsonDataset"

Delphi Enterprise 10.4
Web Core v1.5.6.0
XData v4.17.0.0

I'm trying to build a web service and web app with XData, and I'm getting the above error message when trying to compile.

The web service responds to $model etc when running (localhost).

The web app has an XDataWebConnection, an XDataWebDataSet, a WebDataSource, and a webDBGrid - pretty simple scenario.

The files acually exist, although the WEB Core file has an older timestamp.

I did a "windows uninstall" of Web Core, and re-installed. No change.

I couldn't decide if this was Web Core or XData related, so: @wlandgraf

Cheers,
EdB

You can take the easiest but longer path, which is trying to reinstall XData. That should properly update the library path folders.

If you want to manually check what's going on, the path T:\TMS XData\source\core\web should be added to the library path or TMS Web Core configuration. Maybe you can check how it is there and send a screenshot here?

I tried adding that to the library path (no difference), then just for the hack of it added it to the browsing path (no difference).

I then went into regedit and checked out the path stuff - in "Package Search Path" I found references to entries for Rio (...RSXE12), and about 6 repeating copies of the RSXE13 path info (it looks like uninstaller isn't removing those references).

Fixed all that - no difference.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "TMS Web Core configuration" - if you mean the library path settings then they are:

T:\TMS WEB Core RSXE13;
T:\TMS WEB Core RSXE13\Win32;
T:\TMS WEB Core RSXE13\Component Library Source

My browsing and library paths for XData are as follows:

I'm going to uninstall and reinstall XData to see if that works.

Just in case you meant something else about "TMS Web Core configuration", I'm going to take a snapshot of my dev VM first - so I can restore the snapshot if you want me to test anything else.

There are two different library paths. One is the regular one that we are used to in Delphi. I believe it's the one showing in your screenshot. There you should not the T:\TMS XData\source\core\web folder.

I'm talking about the library path for Web Core, which is available here:

There is where you should have the T:\TMS XData\source\core\web folder.

That worked... Sort of.

I'm now getting [Error] XData.Web.Connection.pas(8): can't find unit "XData.Model.Classes".

There was nothing in the Library path previously - should it have been populated with the XData paths automatically?

The Xdata,Model.Classes are in two folders - if I have to manually add these to web core library path, should I default to the xdata\source paths, or the RSXE13 related paths?

Should XData be part of the "TMS Web Core components" list above?

Thanks Wagner!

Actually...

I changed the Web Core library path to : T:\TMS WEB Core RSXE13\Core Source\XData and everything builds (when I started adding more of the T:\TMS XData\source\... folders, I would choke on other libs (eg the business core libs).

Would you suggest I remove Web Core and Xdata, then reinstall?

If so, what order: xdata first, or Web Core first?

Yes, XData installation should do that for you.
Basically, you should have the following directories in Delphi library path:

T:\TMS XData\source\core\common
T:\TMS XData\source\core

And you should have the following directories in Web Core library path:

T:\TMS XData\source\core\common
T:\TMS XData\source\core\web

But, as I said, XData installer should do everything for you automatically.
If you plan to uninstall/reinstall XData, make sure you remove all the paths you manually added to both Delphi and Web Core library paths, to avoid confusion.