Cannot resolve unit name


I have recently had a new install of Windows 10 put on my laptop, and after reinstalling Delphi 10.3 and installing the latest TMS Web GMaps (v3.2.0), Delhi now can't find the UWebGMaps and UWebGMapsCommon units.

The compile error is 'Unit XXXX not found'

I created a simple GMaps test vcl application (just the Gmap in a window) and there are red lines under the unit names in the uses clause.

I tried adding the install paths of these units to the Tools > Options > Language > Delphi > Library > Library path, but this didn't work either.

This is the path where Web GMaps was installed: C:\Users\White Moose\Documents\tmssoftware\TMS VCL WebGMaps

Perhaps there a Windows 10 setting that is preventing Delphi from finding these paths, and the fresh version of Windows is set up different to the old one? (I didn't have any problems in the previous installation of Windows).

I would welcome some advice please.

Note: I also reinstalled some other TMS components, and they have the same problem... not finding the units.


If you have a large number of components installed this might be an issue with the system path:

Hi, thanks for the advice

I am pretty sure that my .bpl files are already nicely consolidated.

My System Path has 17 entries, 8 of which are Embarcadero (I have 10.3 and 10.4 installed)

These are the entries for v10.3 (I think), and the .bpl files for WebGMaps and AdvCharts packages are in these folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\bin;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\bin64;

Does this all look OK?

What is your application target? Win32? Win64?
If your application target is Win32, please make sure that in the IDE , you have configured your Win32 library path to include the folder where UWebGMaps.pas is located. When this folder is included, the IDE should find it.
The sample applies when the target is Win64 for your Win64 library path.

Thanks Bruno, fixed it...

As it happens, the windows PATH was fine, the files were all in the right folders, but I worked out that my windows install permissions did not give Delphi access to them.

When I installed TMS Components using my local Windows account, Windows challenged me to provide the Admin account password (which I provided), BUT this did not create all of the necessary permissions required for Delphi to find the new TMS units (I am not sure why, as this normally works fine for other applications).

However, when I gave my Windows login account full admin access (temporarily), and reinstalled the TMS components, Delphi could find the WebGMaps units it needed. Problem solved.

PS Thanks for the reminder to add Win32 to Delphi's library path... I needed that to install previous version of AdvGrid.