Auto-Incrementing Version and Index.html

I have set a version number, autoincrement to true, and the HTML File to Index.html, but while the js file name reflects the version the script source in Index.html (which os always recreated in the output directory) doesn't reflect this. It just shows whatever it is set to in the source directory.

Is there something else I need to do?

Thanks

Did you set an initial version like 1.0.0 for version setting in the project options?
It should auto-increment from there for each build.

Yes I did.

It does autoincrement it just doesn't update the index.html

The version suffix is appended to the project .JS file (to avoid caching issues)

Yes it does that, I thought it also updated the

call in the main html file.

If not this would be a great addition.

I guess the simplest way to do it would be to replace the script name with a tag, say and replace the tag with the new script name when the main html file is copied from the source to the output folder.

It updates in the main HTML file the link to the JS file with the version suffix and that is sufficient

yes, that's what I was after, but it doesn't update on my system. I have installed the latest version 1.9

I cannot see any problem. It just works here.
Test project attached.
Project1.zip (5.1 KB)

so it was a tag "$(ProjectName)" that is used. That must have got lost during the designers work. Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.