1. Can tms components and delphi be used to develop for this platform ?
2. If not will there be future support for this ?
3. Any ideas on how to develop for such platform?
In particular the new Honeywell CT50 mobile computer which supports windows 8.1 embedded.
thanks in advance.
We are not aware of issues with using a our TMS VCL components with Delphi to create applications that run on Windows embedded. You should be able to deploy your Delphi generated executables to a machine with Windows embedded OS.
Hi Bruno ,
Thanks for your response.
Please find additional info that might help to clarify my question.
Honeywell CT50 SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE:
Processor: 2.26GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core
Operating System: Windows Embedded 8.1 Handheld or Android 4.4.4 KitKat
Memory: 2 GB RAM, 16 GB Flash
Display: 4.7" High Definition (1280x720)
Touch Panel: Rugged multi-touch capacitive
1. So in particular the chip is not made by Intel but allows windows 8.1 embedded.
2. It is Microsofts update to Windows CE .. I think .. not sure. as Microsoft is doing so many things with their OS at this time to make it more universal.
3. With the above information do you still think its possible to develop using TMS tools and delphi?
As far as we know, Delphi only supports Intel x86 or x64 code for Windows while Qualcomm Spandragon has the ARM instruction set.