web-enabled version of FlexCel

Hello,

Currently we use the VCL version of TMS FlexCel in our Windows application for Excel report generation. We are moving our Windows application to a web application.

Are there plans for a web-enabled (e.g. TMS WebCore) version of FlexCel?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, we have plans for a web-enabled FlexCel, but sadly it is advancing very slowly. Just maintaining 2 versions of FlexCel (Delphi and .NET) is challenging, and the new version with webcore support is a newer one in C++, which still has a long way to go. We plan to have it for this year, but possibly not before the end of it.

By the way, I should mention that while you can't currently use FlexCel with webcore in the client side, you can integrate with it server side, if that is an option for you.

I've written about it here: https://www.tmssoftware.com/site/blog.asp?post=463

Of course, this only works if you can have a server-side solution. But I think it is worth mentioning just in case.

Thanks for your kind reply, Adrian. The link is quite useful for us to implement some tests. We look forward to seeing any updates about web-enabled FlexCel in the future.

Roger:

Have you considered using a web service backend to create Excel documents or PDF reports etc. using FlexCel?