Using nxServer

Hi,

Please forgive me if I ramble somewhat!

I want to use nxServer from a TMS Web App. nxServer itself has a TRemoteDBServer built into it. This works fine using a VCL/Firemonkey app in conjunction with a TRemoteDBDatabase but in a Web app TRemoteDBDatabase is not available. I have tried using a TXDataWebConnection to connect but I seem to be running into Cors issues that I have so far not been able to resolve by modifying the nxServer source. I asked the nexusDB support guys for help but they were unable to help.

I have created my own VCL nxServer windows service app as I think this will be easier for me to modify. This works perfectly as a server to multiple Nexus databases. What is my best next step to add multiple database access from a Web app? I am unsure whether to use XData or Aurelius.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

RemoteDB is not available for Web client applications, indeed. You will have to create a XData server as the middle tier between the Web client and the NexusDB server. Your Web app will connect to XData via HTTP/JSON (it's a REST server), and XData itself will connect to the NexusDB server.

Thanks. Ive managed to do this fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.