Unique Key creation

I found this request: Unable to create index

but it looks like, that this feature isn't still implemented.

I see your point about Data-validation.
But maybe it's possible to provide the generated SQL-Statements within the Databasemanager, so that we could provide a List of manual Statements to our customers (or their databaseadmins)

We are showing changes within a treeview, so that admin can check what will change.
So minimal request will be, that TUniqueKeyCreatedError will tell us, which fields are included.

"{Table}.UK_{HASH}{Table}" will not help our customers creating necessary unique keys.
It should be at least "{Table}.UK
{HASH}_{Table} containing fields: {fieldnames]"

I wonder why you would want to involve Aurelius in this process. You can simply do it without TMS Aurelius.

Of course this could be implemented by ourself, but we would like to avoid direct sql statements for several DBMS, because statements could be different for each DBMS.

We could avoid doing the same, that Mapping-Explorer already does. (Comparing old vs. new Database)

Our Application should just deal with aurelius functionality.

But what you are requesting, exactly? The ability to provide the name of the unique key?

At least you should provide some context-informations like TableName and ColumnNames.

But it would be nice, if you would also provide the SQL-statements, that are not executed automatically.
Because you have already written these statements (same as for new tables...).

Provide context information where? When?

Maybe it is possible, that you can provide another property like SQLStatements in TDatabaseManager containing SQL-Statements that are not executed by UpdateDatabase like

• Adding Unique-Key
  • Changing Nullable-constraint on Columns

The Property could be initialized by ValidateSchema, as SQLStatements already does.

So it would be possible, that all DDL-Statements are generated by the TDatabaseManager and we don't have to implement some statements by ourselves

Aurelius doesn't generate such SQL statements. Since they are not supported, they were never implemented. So there is nothing to put is such SQL statement list.

I think this feature request should be broken into more specific ones, like "Allow Aurelius to create unique keys in existing table".

For sure, there is a little difference between the Statements, but for new tables Aurelius creates unique keys.
That's what I mean by writing "you already generate the necessary statements".

But you're right, I'll open several feature requests for the specific features.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.