Twitter authorization

Hi.

Is it possible to use TAdvTwitter within a windows service so that new entries for a single corporate account could populate a database table. Being a windows service, I would require 'silent' access for both the app, and for the twitter account authorization.

I've looked at the tokens contained in the ini file , and these seem to be transportable - containing both app and user authorization.

Do these tokens expire ?

What is the REFRESH_TOKEN value used for ?

Is placing the pre-authorized inifile on the server ok, or is there a better way ?

thanks for your time

Ron

Hi,

The Twitter FAQ (https://dev.twitter.com/docs/auth/oauth/faq) mentions this:
---

How long does an access token last?

We do not currently expire access tokens. Your access token will be invalid if a user explicitly rejects your application from their settings or if a Twitter admin suspends your application. If your application is suspended there will be a note on your application page saying that it has been suspended.

---

If for some reason the access token does expire you can use the refresh token (if available) to request a new access token.

You could try using the ini file for a windows service, but please note that there is no guarantee the access token won't ever expire. This depends on the Twitter API service which we have no control over.

Bart Holvoet2013-11-13 02:52:43

Thanks Bart. Just what I wanted to hear. The tokens will be read from a database, resetting (when required) via a separate GUI utility.

cheers