TWebContinuousScroll Refresh Mechanism

Greetings,

When I insert an item into the SQL table that is shown in a Continuous Scroll component, I manually reset the PageNumber variable so that the paginator starts at the beginning of the table. In other words, the newest item is shown on top of the rest, which is what I want.

Currently though, when the user scrolls down and quite a few items are loaded, the application has to clear and get them all from the beginning just to show that one inserted item, which is not an efficient method. This is an even bigger problem when I just want to update one particular value of an item which is already loaded into the component before.

How can I implement such a refresh mechanism?

Kind Regards.

Here's an idea.

"Limit" the return set of your SQL table and also order it in the way you need it in the client application. That will put all the workload on the database which is well equipped for millions of records.

As your data certainly comes from a REST backend, you can pass the parameters in the request and use SELECT FROM ... LIMIT from, amount (adapt your db syntax...) on the backend.

Hello Dr. Holger,

I put so much time in trying to ask the right question this time that I came up with the solution, but thank you regardless :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

By the way, I just started reading your backend-book and I already like it. Your videos are also top-notch.

Kind regards,

Fatih Dagdeviren

Thanks for the kind words.