TTMSFNCWinWebBrowser Chromium not initialized even though I have followed the documentation

Hi
I have been using TTMSFNCWinWebBrowser component for a couple of weeks now and I love it. Today I have tried to continue my work using Delphi FMX and get message stating:
Could not initialize Edge Chromium! Please check Edge Chromium installation and verify correct version number
This was all working perfectly yesterday. I recopied the 2 dll's into the System32 and syswow directories and rebooted my machine. Still the error occurs.
I have Win 10 pro, Edge Version 86.0.622.38, Delphi RIO 10.3.3 and TMS FNC Core 2.4.0.1

Thanks,
John

I have the same problem

Hi,

The method of detecting the stable version has changed. We already applied a fix internally, but due to other ongoing work, we are unable to release an update. We have sent you an incremental source update (check your private messages)

Thanks Pieter,
Since then I have had a hardware failure. It may take me a couple of days to come back to you. Please keep me informed re stable version compliance.
Thanks,
John

We noticed that the source patch worked with the previous version, but didn't with the current version of Edge Chromium stable, so you'll need to go to Edge Chromium Canary build for now, until the issue is resolved here, or Microsoft pushes an update of the stable version that fixes the issue.

Thanks Pieter, what is the specific issue with the latest issue of Chrimium? I can’t push out to clients if they auto update as I did and suddenly it stops working
Is there not a specific set of libraries etc that can be distributed to ensure it keeps working irrespective of updates?
Thanks John.

It's unclear at this point, version 86.0.622.38 is throwing out errors when creating the environment, so I'm currently investigating why this is the case.

Many Thsnks

Hi John,

I managed to fix the issue, the stable version has a fixed installation path (for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\86.0.622.38). Microsoft docs state:

In the previous version, this was no problem, so Microsoft changed the behavior in this new version and therefore the issue was that the initialization failed. I'll post an update of the source code in a private message. Should you have issues with this please let us know.

Many Thanks. Your responsiveness is fantastic and most appreciated.
Cheers
John

1 Like

Hello, same problem here... last week with the trial version all OK, just bought the registered version and does not work...

We will push out updates next week (Tuesday). Check you PM for an incremental source update.

This message started appearing today -- last week it was fine. I also sent a message to tech support.
I am using

IDE: Delphi 10.4 Sydney
COMPONENT: TMS FNC Maps
VERSION: latest

Did you install the runtime?

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/#download-section

TMSFNCMaps works fine on out Windows 11 system, but I get this same error on an older Windows 10 system.

The component was downloaded and installed April 20, 2022.

Is this supposed to be fixed?

If not, do I still need to install something else from Microsoft?

The link you give above goes to a page with 6 options. Which option are we supposed to install?

You need to install the runtime:

Hi everyone.

Seems like I've a solution for this problem. Let's check my configuration first.

• Windows 11 Pro 22H2 (22621.819)
  • MS WebView2 IE Edge 108.0.1462.46
    • check this folder : C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\108.0.1462.46
  • Delphi Ent 11.2 (28.0.46141.0937)
  • TMS FNC Core 2.9.0.0

I've got a problem like above post, Win32 with TTMSFNCWebBrowser is working while Win64 is NOT.

Could not initialize Edge Chromium!

So, I've found a solution from URL1 but my Delphi's Redist folder have no WebView2 DLL I need.
Then I've searched my machine and found in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 for both x86 & x64 DLL.

I've modified the Build Configuration > Commands both Win32, Win64 like this.

Win32
copy /y "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WebView2Loader_x86.dll" $(OUTPUTDIR)
Win64
copy /y "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WebView2Loader_x64.dll" $(OUTPUTDIR)

And it's done. Solved my problem.
The URL2 was found later, seems like it share the same resolution.