TTMSFNCTaskDialog execute: cannot set a WaitingIndicator if the process is long

Hello,

I have a TaskDialog where the user has to find an option, and after selecting an option a very long process starts (10-20 minutes) so obviously I wanted to set up a waiting indicator.

I put first a TTMSFNCWaitingIndicator on the Main form and it worked very well on Windows: after the user chose the radiobutton, the TaskDialog immediately closed and the user could see the waiting indicator.

However on Android the TaskDialog doesn't close until the whole long process is finished.
So I tried another approach, to show the waiting indicator in the TaskDialog itself.
It didn't work.
Then I tried simply to clear the RadioButtons and show a simple ShowMessage but even these weren't executed only after the long process (see the code below).

So how should I show a process indicator on Android if the TaskDialog.Execute takes a long time?
Thank you!

TaskDialog.RadioButtons.Clear;
  TaskDialog.Options := TaskDialog.Options + [tdoAllowDialogCancel] ;

for var I := 0 to Length(MyLabels) - 1 do
   begin
     TaskDialog.RadioButtons.Add(MyLabels[i]);
   end;

TaskDialog.Execute(
  procedure(ModalResult: TModalResult)
  begin
    Application.ProcessMessages;   

TaskDialog.RadioButtons.Clear; // **this doesn't do anything**
    ShowMessage('');	           // **even this message doesn't show, only after the Long process is** finished

A VERY LONG PROCESS ...

Application.ProcessMessages;   

end);

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this, we've applied an improvement. Please check your private messages for an incremental source update.