TTMSFNCGrid, DatasetAdapter, Query blank after query re-run

I am using Delphi 10.4 with TTMSFNCGrid connected to a Query (DBISAMQuery) via the DatasetAdapter. When first create the form the grid and data display perfect. If I re-run the query (Active false, then true) the grid will display completely blank instead of showing the new query results.

I have tried Refresh, Update, BeginUpdate, EndUpdate, Adapter off and on, and several other things.

What am I missing?

That's strange, we haven't received reports of this yet. We have tested this here but are not able to reproduce this (with a TClientDataSet however). Can you reproduce the issue with a TGrid / TStringGrid default component?

Solved! I found what I was doing wrong. The AutoRemoveColumns property on the DatabaseAdapter was true. Once I set it to false my problem when away.

So, I think that means that when I re-ran the query (Active = false, then true) It would destroy the columns, and in this case I was manually creating the columns for this particular grid, so the columns were not automatically created again.

Thank you for your feedback!