TMSFMXGrid editing issues

Hello,

I tested TMSFMXGrid and there are some issues with editing.
XE4 update1

1. Start the project from the link and press: Enter, Left, Down
The cell value will disappear.

2. Start the project from the link and press: Enter, Down, Up, Enter, Down, Up, Enter, Down
The cell value from second line will disappear.

http://winarhi.ro/test/TestTMSGrid.zip

Best Regards,
Cristian Peta

Hi we are able to reproduce this here but If I edit in the same way on a normal TGrid, I also get no or half values so we haven't found a workaround yet as it seems that this is a bug internally in TEdit which is used to edit a cell. 

We will look in to this as soon as possible.
Kind Regards, 
Pieter

I can't reproduce with TGrid.
But there are also other problems like:
- start project
- move "Valoare" column to left as first column
- press Enter, Left, Down
The value from "Valoare" column is copied to "Denumire" column.

I don't know if this is from TEdit or elsewhere but I can't use this into production environment.
I only hope FireMonkey to be mature one day.
Today I was asked into an Embarcadero survey why I do not move my VCL projects to FMX. Reliable TDBGrid replacement was one point.

Best Regards,
Cristian Peta

The difference is that TGrid uses a live TEdit, while the TTMSFMXGrid hides the TEdit when editing is finished. There are multiple issues related to LiveBindings which we were able to fix in the latest version.

We will look into this specific issue as soon as possible, but there will be remaining issue that we cannot fix on our side.

Hoping for your understanding, 

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Thank You for your time.
I'm not hurry. I will test again after XE5 release and will decide.
I suppose all issues you know about LiveBindings are in QC and I hope Embarcadero will do the homework.

Best Regards,
Cristian Peta

Hello,

I just downloaded and installed trial "TMS Pack for FireMonkey" for XE4. Installer say v2.1.1.5.
In version history I see recent fixes in Grid but TTMSFMXGrid has Version=2.0.1.3 in the object inspector.

And maybe this is fixed but now if I move a column and edit cells in this column, values are moved to previous column position (into the other column).

Best Regards,
Cristian Peta

Hi, 

The LiveBindings issue are not solved, and column swapping is not supported in LiveBindings in the TTMSFMXGrid.
I suggest to perform manual binding by loading the values from the records and manually change the values of the grid. It will require more work to perform this task, but then you will have full control and have no issues with the LiveBindings bugs that are in the FireMonkey framework.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter