TMSFMXDirectoryTreeView problem

Hello,

I am using the TTMSFMXDirectoryTreeView from the TMS FMX UI Pack v3.5.1.0 under RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin Update 2, but I have a little problem using it.

If I use the following columns I got false values on the directories randomly (not for all directories),
but it shows the filesize and the disksize correctly:

TMSFMXDirectoryTreeView1.AddColumn(tvckTotalSize);
  TMSFMXDirectoryTreeView1.AddColumn(tvckFreeSpaceAndTotalSize);

I did find this case on the TMS FMX UI Pack\Doc\TMS FMX TreeView.pdf (page 48), but I don't understand it totally. Interestingly it works correctly on the Windows XP 32 bit, but not works on the Windows 7 32/64 bit and MacOS 64 bit also.

We have tested this here but aren't experiencing issues. Can you provide a sample / steps to reproduce this issue so we can investigate this here?

I used the official Directory treeview demo firstly.

Did you see the inserted picture in the TMS FMX UI Pack\Doc\TMS FMX TreeView.pdf (page 48)?

I don't think (your) Program Files (x86) has 12KB total size.

I think the TTMSFMXDirectoryTreeView component must be hide the values in the case of directories.

Hi, 

We have investigated this here and there is unfortunately no simple way to show the total size of the directory contents without looping through all the files/folders which drastically decreases performance of expanding collapsing. We'll investigate if we can implement this in a separate thread to avoid blocking the UI main thread.

Pieter,

I think you did not understand me, because I would NOT like to use the total size of the directory values.

I would like to use the TTMSFMXDirectoryTreeView component with the tvckName + tvckTotalSize columns in my program as a fast file selector.
It shows the the filesize and the disksize correctly, but it shows randomly false information on the directories.

As I wrote, I think the TTMSFMXDirectoryTreeView component must be HIDE the tvckTotalSize values in the case of directories.

You are correct, we have modified the behavior for directories.

Thank you, I am waiting for the update.

Pieter,

Thanks for your company for the updated component.

It works fine as you can see the following screenshot:
http://3doc.i3dconverter.com/media/Screen_TMSDirectoryTreeView.jpg

Hi Zoltan,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Pieter,

I must correct myself, because today I compiled my project for the MacOS and I got the following screen:

http://i3dconverter.com/media/Screen_MAC_TMSDirectoryTreeView.png
I ran the TMSFMXDirectoryTreeView demo on the MacOs and I saw the 'etc', 'tmp', 'var' are not folders, these are 'symbolic link'.

Hi, 

We have identified this issue and have applied a fix, the next version will address this.
Pieter,

It works fine on all Operating Systems I used (PC, MacOS).

Hello,

I am using the TTMSFMXDirectoryTreeView component from the TMS FMX UI Pack v3.6.0.0 under RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo, but I have a little problem using it.

It shows all of drives of my PC if I compile it for Win32, but it does not show all of drives if I compile it for Win64.

I tried the TMSFMXDirectoryTreeView demo also, but the problem was same.

Hi, 

Thank you for reporting, we have investigated this here and applied a fix for this issue.
The next version will address this.
Pieter,

It works fine on all Operating Systems that I am using (PC, MacOS).