TMS Cryptogrophy

I am actually trying to evaluate the Cryptography component and I have a question, but cannot get a support question logged from the website and cannot log it under the correct group.

I need to replicate a C# implementation of Rfc2898DeriveBytes. It points to PBKDF2 using HMACSHA1.

I do not see that your PBKDF2 allows for SHA1. Am I using it incorrectly or is there a different way to implement this.

I would prefer using a TMS Component set as I really enjoy working with your components.

Regards

I forwarded it to the responsible developer for TMS Crytography Pack as this question rather belongs in the category
https://support.tmssoftware.com/c/vcl/tms-cryptography-pack/

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for this. Is the item being transferred to that group or would I be receiving an email directly from the developer.

Regards,
Jacques

Answer from my colleague responsible for TMS Cryptography Pack:

There is at this moment no SHA1 support. The reason is that this is not a secure algorithm and our focus in TMS Cryptography Pack is on secure algorithms.
Sadly SHA1 is considered for a long time not secure anymore:

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the swift reply and the reason why this is not implemented on your side. I would have really liked to use your components, but that is fine.

Unfortunately I need to conform to the standards of an external system and I don’t see them changing this any time soon.

Regards,

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

image005.jpg

image006.jpg

image007.jpg