TIWAdvEdit problem

Delphi XE2

Intraweb 12.2.8

I have placed a TIWAdvEdit on a form and set it to Numeric type and signed = True. The problem is that it wont allow me to enter negative numbers.  How do I set the edit control to accept negative numbers?

regards
Bill Zwirs

The settings you are using are correct.
I have not been able to reproduce an issue with these settings.

Can you please let me know which browser you are using and exactly how this can be reproduced?

Using IE9 and have also tried with Chrome 21.0.1180.89. Windows 7 Home Premium operating system.

On Chrome the minus sign will show if I hold the minus key down but will disappear as soon as I let go of the key, in IE9 - nothing happens when I select the minus sign key.  Not sure how to recreate for you.....there are 4 of the TIWAdvEdit components on the form (sitting on a region), each is set to Numeric type but only the one is set to signed = True (all the others will always have a positive number).

regards

Bill Zwirs

I've created a sample application that is working as expected in both IE9 and Chrome 21.

You can download the app from http://www.tmssoftware.net/public/testAdvEdit.zip
Can you please have a look to find out what you are doing differently?

Please note: Due to a browser restriction, in Chrome the minus sign is only accepted when the cursor is placed on the first position of the edit. In IE9 the cursor can be placed on any position and the minus sign should automatically appear/disappear on the first position when the key is pressed.

Bart,

Thanks for the sample......it worked fine.

I can now see what my problem is.  The edit control works fine when the control is empty, but I set a default value of '0' to the text property. If I select that value to change it to '-1' then the minus key will not work till after you have changed the value. In other words you need to press the '1' and then the '-' key.  Is there a way to change this behaviour so that when a value is selected in the edit then you can press the minus key before the number key?

regards

Bill Zwirs

I have been able to fix this issue for Chrome but due to a browser restriction in IE this has not yet been fixed for IE.

I will further investigate the issue in IE as soon as possible.
The fix for Chrome will be available with the next update of the TMS IW Component Pack.

Thanks Bart.

Regards

Bill Zwirs