TFormula

Trying to insert a formula into a sheet,
Used APIMate to generate code,  and the code look OK
   xls.SetCellValue(23, 3, TFormula.Create('=SUM(C7:C22)'));
But when i open excel the cell 23,3 contains =SUM($G:$G:$V:$V)

I'm using version 6.0.6

Hi,

I can it be that you are inserting rows or columns after setting the cell formula? Or maybe setting it again in the code?

I've tried this code:
program Project14;

{$APPTYPE CONSOLE}

{$R *.res}

uses
  System.SysUtils, VCL.FlexCel.Core, FlexCel.XlsAdapter;

var
  xls: TExcelFile;
begin
  xls := TXlsFile.Create(1, true);
  xls.SetCellValue(23, 3, TFormula.Create('=SUM(C7:C22)'));
  xls.Save('r:\test.xls');
  xls.Save('r:\test.xlsx');
end.

And the generated files (both xls and xlsx) have the correct formula. This is basic functionality and should work fine, that's why I wonder is maybe the formula isn't being modified after you set the cell. (either by setting it again or by inserting / deleting rows or columns).

Can you try the code I posted above and see what it generates?

Your code worked so i moved code to your sample until i got problems.
  This line made the problem
xls.FormulaReferenceStyle := TReferenceStyle.R1C1;

Hi,

If you use FormulaReferenceStyle = R1C1, you need to set the formulas in R1C1 mode:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/excel-help/about-cell-and-range-references-HP005198323.aspx

ApiMate will also show you the correct R1C1 syntax: In the left pane, there is a checkbox: "Use R1C1 in Formulas. If you check it, you'll get the code:

xls.SetCellValue(23, 3, TFormula.Create('=SUM(R[-16]C:R[-1]C)'));

But well, if you don't care about R1C1, just don't set the FormulaReferenceStyle to it, and keep using A1 references.

Thank you, it was ApiMate 
that put in 
xls.FormulaReferenceStyle := TReferenceStyle.R1C1;
So i just remove ti.

I think you might have pressed the checkbox "Use R1C1" by mistake in the left pane of APIMate. If you press that button, APIMate will add the line  xls.FormulaReferenceStyle := TReferenceStyle.R1C1  but it will also show the formulas in R1C1 notation.