TFlexCelGrid recalculate

I am new to the TFlexCelGrid component, so please forgive me if this is a dumb question!

After entering a value or formula into a cell, how do you get the Grid to recalculate?

Thanks in advance,

Rick Stephens

Richard,

Sadly, as I said to you by email, you need FlexCel 6 to recalculate. And to use FlexCel 6 you need Delphi XE or newer.

To do recalculation with FlexCelGrid and FlexCel 6 you need to:
1)Install FlexCel 6 in Xe or newer
2)Install FlexCel 3, selecting to install XlsxAdapter when the setup asks you to.
3)In the UpdateCell event, add this lines of code:

procedure TFXlsViewer.UpdateEdCell(const ARow, ACol: integer);
var
  AColor: integer;
  Fmt: TFlxFormat;
begin
  if LastEditorMode and (not Data.EditorMode or (ARow <> LastRow) or (ACol <> LastCol)) then
  begin
    (FlexCelImport.GetWorkbook as TXlsxFile).GetTWorkbook.Recalc;
  end;

With this you should get a grid that recalculates, as you can see in the exe demo:
http://www.tmssoftware.biz/download/flexcel/samples/XlsViewer.zip

But as said, Sadly recalculation is a feature of FlexCel 6. It is one of the 2 features (the only being xlsx support) which make FlexCel 6 so big: We need to add support for over 300 functions, and that is a lot of code.

You did tell me that and I completely missed it. Sorry.

Since this is in D2009, I suppose I could write a DLL in XE5 that would load the sheet, recalculate it, and then save it. I could then call that from my D2009 program and then reload the sheet afterwards.

Indeed, a dll could be a solution. We actually have one internally already working. I'll send it to you via private email in a couple of days, when I finish testing it.

Thank you!!  I was just about to start writing one....but I will wait for yours. I appreciate it.

How are you coming along with that DLL?

Richard,

I've sent you a dll by email, let me know if you can make it work.