TDBAdvGrid

Is there a OnDrawColumnCell equivalent event when using TDBAdvGrid?

Have you considered OnDrawCell ?

I have the below on the OnDrawCell event, but only the first record in AdsQryRooms is processed. i.e the Floor_Name & RoomTypeName data do not change.

The cols 2 and 3 are dummy columns, the TDBdvGrid's datasource is a datasource connected to the AdsQryRooms query.

When I use OnDrawColumnCell (TDBGrid) I have no problems.

{OnDrawCell}
procedure TRoomOps.dbGrdRoomsDrawCell(Sender: TObject; ACol, ARow: Integer; Rect: TRect; State: TGridDrawState);
Var
  cTop, cLeft, cBottom, cRight: Integer;
begin
  if ARow <> 0 then
  begin
    if ACol = 3 then
    begin
      cTop := Rect.Top + 2;
      cLeft := Rect.Left + 3;
      if DM.AdsTblHSFloors.FindKey([iPropertyNo, AdsQryRooms.FieldByName('FloorNo').AsInteger]) then
        dbGrdRooms.Canvas.TextOut(cLeft, cTop, DM.AdsTblHSFloors.FieldByName('Floor_Name').AsString);
    end;
    if ACol = 4 then
    begin
      if DM.AdsTblHSRoomType.FindKey([iPropertyNo, AdsQryRooms.FieldByName('RoomTypeNo').AsString]) then
        dbGrdRooms.Canvas.TextOut(cLeft, cTop, DM.AdsTblHSRoomType.FieldByName('RoomTypeName').AsString);
    end;
  end;
end;

{OnDrawColumnCell - Example}
procedure TRoomTypefrm.DbGrdRoomTypeDrawColumnCell(Sender: TObject; const Rect: TRect; DataCol: Integer; Column: TColumn;
  State: TGridDrawState);
Var
  cTop, cLeft, cBottom, cRight: Integer;
begin
  if Column.Index = 2 then
  begin
    DM.AdsTblCurrency.FindKey([AdsQryRooms.FieldByName('Currency').AsString]);
    DbGrdRoomType.Canvas.TextOut(cLeft, cTop, DM.AdsTblCurrency.FieldByName('Currency').AsString);
  end;
end;

It is not recommended to use the values directly from the dataset but please get the data itself directly via grid.Cells[col,row]: string;

If the DB field you want to use for displaying data is not in the grid, please consider adding this to a hidden column in the grid.