TAdvStringGrid Redraw Problem with Delphi Styles when setting colors of fixed rows/columns.

Sorry - posted this in the wrong place as I seem to have multiple accounts...
AdvScreenRedraw.zip (282.2 KB)

Hello!

I'm having problems manually setting the colors of the fixed rows or columns of grid cells when using Delphi styles in TAdvStringGrid. I need to be able to manually adjust the basic theme colors so I can do things like highlight certain rows.

I am attaching a simple zipped Delphi project that should reproduce the problem. If you set colors for fixed rows or columns using Grid.Colors[c,r] the screen will not consistently draw the fixed rows and columns correctly in the grid. I think this may be a bug.

The problem occurs when the project is compiled to both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms and regardless of which styles are applied. I tend to use Grid.FixedFonts=false, but the problem occurs either way. I have also reproduced the issue with various DPIAware settings in the manifest.

I'm using Delphi 11.3 and the latest version of TAdvStringGrid (13.0.8). My basic development environment is Windows 11 on a DELL XPS8950.

Please can you advise? Thanks in advance!

Charlie Heaps

We traced & solved this issue. The next update will address this.

1 Like

Wonderful - thanks!

Thanks for posting the update. I gave it a try. It does seem to have fixed the cell background color issue, but there is still something funky with how it draws the text colors and lines in the fixed rows and columns. It does not seem to be reliably respecting the style settings.

You should be able to easily see the problem in my simple demo data set (sent earlier). Problems occur both when Grid.FixedFonts is set to either true or false.

Thanks for the great support!

Charlie

We found a remaining issue with the FixedFont and also fixed it. This fix will be in the next update.

Thanks so much! :)

Hi again - is this fixed in 13.1.0.0? I could not see it listed in the subscription manager change log. Thanks in advance!

Should be fixed.

1 Like