TAdvSmoothListBox: Columns

Is there a way to have columns, or the illusion of columns using the AdvSmoothListBox?

Hi, 

Sorry the AdvSmoothListBox is not designed to have or simulate columns. You could take a look at AdvSmoothImageListBox which is able to display items in rows and columns and is able to display text.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Will do, thank you for the suggestion

That worked as intended but now I have a new problem. Is it possible to use a TImage to provide the background for an AdvSmoothImageListBox?

To illustrate, do this:
1 Create a new app (or new form)
2 Set form color to Red or any other color easy to see
3 Place a TImage on the right half of the form and load an image - just to provide a different background than the red form color.
4 Place a AdvSmoothImageListBox on each half, i.e. one on Form and one on TImage.
5 In both, remove Header and Footer (i.e. Visible = false) and set Fill->StartColor = None and Fill->EndColor = None to create transparency.

Now, I expect the backgrounds to the different. I expect the TImage picture to be visible through the TAdvSmoothImageListBox but it is instead Red (form color). Changing the Transparent property does nothing.

Is it at all possible to achieve transparency or am I missing something?

Hi, 

The AdvSmoothImageListBox is not fully transparent, this is a limitation of a TCustomControl. You will need to set the fill of the AdvSmoothImageListBox and load a picture.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter