TAdvCircularProgress not progressing regularly

Hello,

I am using TAdvCircularProgress but there is something I can't understand.

I drop the component on a form, rename it in "Progress1" and then I implement the OnClick method of a button:

procedure TForm1.btn1Click(Sender: TObject);
var
    tot,perc:integer;
    i:integer;
begin
    tot:=100;
    for i := 1 to 100 do begin
        perc:=i*100 div tot;
        Progress1.Position:=perc;
        progress1.Refresh;
    end;
end;

Progress.Position is not updated 100 times as I may think.

The first pass perc=1 but Progress1.Position=0, why is it ?
the second pass perc=2 and Progress1.Position=2,
the third pass perc=3 but Progress1.Position=2, why is it @
the forth pass perc=4 and Progress1.Position=2 and so on.

Am I using the component in a wrong way ? How can I make sure Progress1.Position is updated every time ?

Many thanks
Alberto

I have tested this here with the latest version of the component but can't see any issue.
Test code for a default TAdvCircularProgress:

var
begin
    for i := 1 to 100 do
    begin
        advcircularProgress1.Position:=perc;
        advcircularprogress1.Refresh;
        listbox1.Items.Add(inttostr(perc)+':'+inttostr(AdvCircularProgress1.Position));
    end;

caption := inttostr(advcircularProgress1.Position);
end;

output in the listbox is always an identical value for Perc & Position and it always ends at 100

Hello Bruno,

You are right if you use TAdvCircularProgress. But if you use TAdvSmoothCircularProgress I have different results (sorry the example I gave you was a bad one).

if you use the example below and you use TAdvSmoothCircularProgress you will see a few numbers in the property position are skipped.

var
begin
     for i := 1 to 100 do
     begin
          advcircularProgress1.Position:=perc;
          advcircularprogress1.Refresh;
          listbox1.Items.Add(inttostr(perc)+':'+floattostr(AdvCircularProgress1.Position));
     end;
  caption := floattostr(advcircularProgress1.Position);
end;

Am I doing anything wrong ?

Many thanks
Alberto

Where in your original post would I have had to decipher you use TAdvSmoothCircularProgress?

Hi Bruno,

You are right, nowhere was written the example was referring to TAdvSmoothCircularProgress. I apologised for my mistake when I said "sorry the example I gave you was a bad one" in the previous message.

I made a few tests, I changed the component type but not the name in the source and this is why the misleading example came out.

Again, apologises for my mistake.

Alberto

TAdvSmoothCircularProgress uses animation to move to a new position. Hence, if you immediately read back the new position, it might not yet have reached the full new value.If you put some delay between the assignment of the position and reading back the position, the final value will have been reached.

I understand. Thank you for the answer.