Switching from WebGMaps to FNC Mapw

Hello,

For some years now I am using the WebGMaps components but now I wish to switch to FNC Maps. I am having trouble working with marker visual properties (custom icon, font style etc), is there a sample app that I can take a look at?

Thank you for your time

Hi John,

There are several demos included with TMS FNC Maps that show how to work with Markers: "Directions", "PolyElements, Markers & Popups", "GoogleMapsFeatures".

If there is a specific functionality you are having trouble using, feel free to post your question here.
Please also mention which map service you are using.

Hello,

Thank you for the information, I am using GoogleMaps service and I am trying to retain the previous version MapLabel properties. I also have trouble to display a label over my custom icon (if this is still posibe).

Also the file URL for the icon seems not to work any more (file:// .... )

Hi John,

• Please note that Marker MapLabel has been replaced with OverlayViews in TMS FNC Maps.
    Information on using OverlayViews can be found in the following blog post.
    Code samples are included in the GoogleMapsFeatures demo application.
  • Usage of local image files as custom Marker icons can be enabled by setting LocalFileAccess to True.

Hello,

Can you please guide me on how to get the map bound coordinates similar to the GetBounds of WebGMaps?

Regards

Hi John,

Yes, the TMSFNCMaps component also has a GetBounds call that returns the map bounds coordinates in the OnGetBounds event.

Hello,

I am trying to save the map bounds, how can I make sure that the GetBounds was executed before saving the bound values?

Regards

The bounds coordinates are returned in the OnGetBounds event. You can save them in an OnGetBounds event handler.

Is thre a way to immediately execute this without having to wait?

Unfortunately not, the GetBounds call can only be used asynchronously.