Sorting with Flexcel

Hi, 

That's would be normally my last question and I will achieve my project.

I have to sort some questions, with first the family of question, and second a CRC32 (that could be anything else, just looking as randomly chose but in fact everytime in the same oder)

Thus i wrote ;

xls.Sort(
      null,
      true, //Normally we want to sort the rows in the range. But we might want to sort columns and we can do it by setting this to false.
      Int32Array.Create(12, 3), // Sort by columns B and C (2 and 3)
      nil,
      nil,
      TSortFormulaMode.ExcelLike // Use the standard comparer.
  );

But i dont understand why, this sort method is overloaded and can't be compiled.

Could you help be to get a code compilable ?

Many thanks, cordially,

Milos

Hi, 

Try with

xls.Sort(
      TXlsCellRange.Null,
      true, //Normally we want to sort the rows in the range. But we might want to sort columns and we can do it by setting this to false.
      Int32Array.Create(12, 3), // Sort by columns B and C (2 and 3)
      nil,
      nil,
  );

Hi,

Once more again, many thanks for your help. I have always difficulties with constructors or some identifiers like this one.

Best Regards,

Milos

Hi,

I wil never end and I'm a real moron.. I replaced with your code and when executing it, before any toogle point, it raises an exception.
I realize that I was trying to sort lhe first line with the tags too and I replace it with :

Hi,

What is the exception you are getting?
I've tried with the code:

procedure TForm26.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
var
  xls: TXlsFile;
  cell: TCellValue;
  s: string;
  col, row: integer;
begin
  xls := TXlsFile.Create(1, TExcelFileFormat.v2016, true);
  try
    for col := 1 to TCellAddress.DecodeColumn('O') do xls.SetCellValue(1, col, 'Column ' + IntToStr(col));

for row := 2 to 2000 do
    begin
      for col := 1 to TCellAddress.DecodeColumn('O') do
      begin
        xls.SetCellValue(row, col, Random(1000));
      end;

end;
    xls.Sort(
      TXlsCellRange.Create('A2:O3000'),
      Int32Array.Create(12, 3), // Sort by columns L and C (12 and 3)
      nil,
      nil,
  );
    xls.Save('..\..\test.xlsx');
  finally
    xls.Free;
  end;
end;

And it works as expected, sorting first by column L and then C.

By the way, you could use:

TXlsCellRange.Create(2, 1, xls.RowCount, xls.ColCountOnlyData),

instead of 

TXlsCellRange.Create('A2:O3000'),

To be sure that you are including all rows even if the file gets larger. But this is a side comment, it shouldn't change the exception you are getting.

Hi,

Sorry and thanks, I am here with this stupid error I don't trieve.. I am a real idiot.

procedure TForm3.Demarrer_Session;
var i: integer;
begin
  nreponses :=0;
  try
    xls := TexcelFile.Create;   // xls is declared in the general section - never used before
    // if xls is declared locally the error is the same
    xls.Open('c:\examen_delphi\Questions_delphi_mod2.xlsx'); // all cells as Standard
    xls.AllowOverwritingFiles := true;
    xls.ActiveSheet:=1;
    xls.Sort(
      TXlsCellRange.Create(2, 1, xls.RowCount, xls.ColCountOnlyData),
      Int32Array.Create(12, 3), // Sort by columns B and C (12 and 3)
      nil,
      nil,
  );
    i:= 2;
    Repeat
      if (xls.GetCellValue(i, 12)<'201') then Inc(i); // debugging, this line is never executed
    until (xls.GetCellValue(i,12)='201');
    while (i<=xls.RowCount) do begin
      if xls.GetCellValue(i,12)='201' then begin
        Inc(nreponses);
        Poser_Question(i);  // actually only showing the questions ; uses xls without modifying it
        sleep(2000);
      end;
      Inc(i);
    end;
  finally
    Stopper_Session;
    xls.Free;
    Close;
  end;
end;

Obviously, that is "Poser_Questions" that is important, I have to use it 2 times for each family as '201', '202', until "210" and the questions are ended when a time gives 30 minutes for the 20 questions, counting then the score - thus adding more habitual features, as going through the 20 questions, a timer, aso.
But if I can't first fill an array of 20 questions looking as randomly chosen (that's why I want to start on a CRC32 in the second place), do some trivial sort as a Shell-Metzner on this array and CRC32 to avoid showing each family after the other, ..

Actually, I can set a break point anywhere in the code, it is never reached. I add an image of the error I got yesterday, the code was modified following your advices but the result is the same.
Here I declared xls in the general variables, but if i do it inside the procédure it's the same.
The Excel File was filled with CRC32 and the location of each picture (of the questions) in another program, so here all I do is reading it, I doesn't have to write the file when it is sorted. If it helps I can too sort this file in the previous program, if doesn't matter as the present program is only to be used
 to simulate the exam.

Hi,

Well, I just saw that when I put TXlsFile.Create(1, TExcelFileFormat.v2016, true); instead of what I did before, it works now..
it works now..

Sorry again for my stupid question and many thals again

Best regards,

Milos

Hi,

Yes, what happens is that TExcelFile is an abstract class, you shouldn't create instances of it directly.
You can just call TXlsFile.Create; instead of TExcelFile.Create and it will work.