Save pencil drawing to PDF

Hi everyone,

this my be a stupid question but how do I save the pencil drawings within a pdf to a file?

I enabled the pencil, I am drawing and then I use PDFD.SavetoFile(pdffilename);
Where PDFD is TTMSFMXNativePDFDocument;
Before saving I do not disable the pencil, I just save the file.
Oh by the way, if the file already exists, does PDFD.SavetoFile simply overwrite it or does it do nothing actually?

Rgds

Mirko

Okay I figured out that disabling the pencil is saving my handwriting to the pdf.
Is there perhaps another method to do so without disabling the pen?
I a thinking about something like OneNote which is updating the notebook every few seconds.

Rgds

Mirko

Unfortunately that's not possible with the current code structure. We'll investigate what's possible.

Hi everyone,
sorry to warm this up but after having a little practice in working with the icl pdf component and the pencil framework, I just wanted to ask wether it is possible to change the saved pencil notes after relaoding the pdf.
What I do is:
Loading the PDF into a TTSMFMXNativePDFDocument, alter it by activating the pencil and then save it back and overwriting it.
When reloading the PDF I can no longer modify the handwritten notes I made.
As long as I do not save the PDF I can freely modify everythig I have written, even after deacticating and reactivating the pencil.
Is there a chance that the handwritten notes maintain changeable?

Best regards

Mirko

Hi,

Unfortunately, annotations that have been saved will not be editable. This is a technical limitation.