Row Move + Drag and Drop

I currently use row moving on some grids in a project. Dragging the fixed column up and down works fine.

What I'd like to do now is also enable drag and drop using the same fixed column for the drag and drop operation (to another grid). Is this possible?

Did you check:

https://www.tmssoftware.com/site/asg28.asp
I thought I'd tried the techniques from that demo, but had conflicts.

I need to allow rows to be moved within the same grid, but also allow a column to be dragged from that grid to another grid and use the source column data to perform an operation on the target grid.

I'll take another look.

I have a somewhat related question: I have an application where I allow the user to drag and drop rows to change their order.  But the users have complained that they have to first click the row and then click again to drag and drop it.  They want to be able to click just once to initiate the drag from any row even if it is not already selected.  I tried putting a BeginDrag() in a OnMouseDown event but that did not work.  I feel like I need to select the row/cell in the OnMouseDown event but I have not figured out how to do that.  Am I on the right track?  How can I select the row they just clicked?Thanks.

At this moment, the built-in drag start is based on a mousedown on an already selected row.

There is unfortunately not a built-in setting to also start a drag for a mousedown on a not selected row. This will require extensions to the component to (optionally) make this possible.

I appreciate the quick response!  I understand that there isn't a built in way to do this.  Is there a way I can add some code to my application to handle this (and maybe in the future there will be a built in way to handle this??? :) )

I need to allocate time to investigate the exact application level code & component settings to do this.

Thank you.  I'll keep trying on my end but I have not made any progress which is why I reached out.  I appreciate the help!