RemoteDBDatabase and service

Hi i have a client application Win32 with RemoteDBDatabase that access data trougth server with remotedatamodule. There is any way to run a service (installed on the server) on client side ? Like TXDataWebClient.RawInvoke for web platform.
Bye

You should use XData to execute server-side methods. RemoteDB is just for SQL execution from the client.

with TXDataWebConnection and TXDataWebClient i created a procedure

procedure TfrmGRArt.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
procedure OnResponse(Response: TXDataClientResponse);
begin
ShowMessage(String(Response.Result));
end;
begin
DMC.wdbDati.Connected:=True;

DMC.dwcData.RawInvoke(
'IServerService.DoService',['QRY_SEL',
'SELECT DESC_ART1 FROM ARTICOLI WHERE COD_ART = 11 '],
@OnResponse);

DMC.wdbDati.Connected:=False;
end;

But i have problem with compilation on RawInvoke incorrect parameters. have you a sample to do this ?

How is the server service declared? What is the error you get?

[dcc32 Error] GR_Art.pas(424): E2250 There is no overloaded version of 'RawInvoke' that can be called with these arguments

Sorry but I can't reproduce the issue with he code you provided. Can you please provide a minimal project that reproduces the issue?

XDataClient.zip (52.5 KB)

Try to compile this project

PS : add '.rar' in upload file types. its usefull :)

You project is not enabled for web.
Go to your project options under TMS Web and for the option "Web Project" make sure it is set to true.

Bruno sorry but is not a TMS Web Application ... its a normal VCL Application win32. There is a way to implement a call to a server service ?

TXDataWebClient is supposed to be used in Web applications only. For VCL applications, use TXDataClient.