Reloading TTMSFMXTableView from table changes

Greetings,

I have a TTMSFMXTableView working well. I would like to get it to reload a change I made directly to the underlying dataset.

qryUsers.Edit;
qryUsersLastName.AsString := 'Whatever';
qryUsers.Post;

I have the tableview otherwise working. And I have a TEdit on the same form that I bound to the field and it is updating from my code, but the table is not. I have tried the following:

TableView.Update;
TableView.BeginUpdate and EndUpdate;
qryUsers.DisableControls and EnableControls;

So far no success.
How do I get the tableview to reload?
Thanks!

- Scott

Hi, 

Did you add items manually, by looping through the dataset, or did you use LiveBindings?
In the first case, you'll need to loop through the dataset again. If you used LiveBindings, then the update should occur as soon as the dataset changes.

I made the change directly to a field in the dataset. Here is a simplified version of the change.

qryUsers.Edit;
qryUsersLastName.AsString := 'Whatever';
qryUsers.Post;

On Post, the TEdit I have connected by LiveBindings updates, but the TMS table view does not reflect the new change unless I rerun the query. Is there a way to force a reload/refresh of the tableview?

- Scott

For now, I am just closing and reopening the query, which works well for a local dataset without too many records. So my current approach is to do the following:

iRecNo : qryUsers.RecNo;
tableviewUsers.BeginUpdate;
qryUsers.Edit;
[editting stuff here]
qryUsers.Post;
qryUsers.Close;
qryUsers.Open;
qryUsers.RecNo := iRecNo;
tableviewUsers.EndUpdate;

This seems to handle the search/filter bar in a reasonable way as well.
My edit and post are a bit smarter and more complicated than above, but this is working now.

- Scott

Hi, 

Thank you for your feedback.
We will investigate if we can improve this behavior here

Hi, 

We have investigated this here and have applied a fix. The next version will address this.