OnChange not working in rich editor after loading an rtf file

I have a simple screen with a TAdvRichEditor and a Open button that selects a RFT file and loads it via AdvRichEditorRTFIO1.Load.

If the editor is empty and I just type a character the .OnChange fires, after I load some RTF text from a file the OnChange nevr fires no matter what I do to the text in the editor.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

drc

I have retested this here but I could not reproduce this.
Do you have more details? Exact steps? Sample source project?

Sure - the form has an Open button to select the .rtf file which I load into a TAdvRichEditor with the call AdvRichEditorRTFIO1.Load(DlgOpenRtf.FileName) said rtIO component has it's RichEditor property set to the rich editor on the screen.

Said rich editor component has an OnChange event.

If I just type in the editor the event fires, if I load some rich text from a file and do any editing the event doesn't fire.

Interestingly enough I can delete all the rich text down to the last character ad the even doesn't fire, I delete the last character and it still doesn't fire, but once it's gone i.e. the editor is empty I type a single keystroke and the event starts firing again.

Project file attached wit the .rtf sample in a .zip.

moo.zip (1.9 KB)
Main.dfm (23.5 KB)
Main.pas (6.4 KB)

I cannot reproduce this. See recording. I added outputdebugstring() to onchange to make it visible.
Do you use the latest TMS VCL UI Pack v10.8.4.0?
advricheditoronchange

The rich editor shows a version of 1.6.12.2 and the setup.exe Details says TMS Component Pack version 8.7.0.0.

Please use the latest version.
We ask to always report problems against the latest version:
https://www.tmssoftware.com/site/support_mail.asp

I can only work with what the company gives me, I'll see about upgrading but it probably won't happen till 2023...