Muliple services from one server?

Can I have several different services served/hosted by one Xdata server or do I have to configure one Xdata server for each service?

Kind regards,
Ole

Hi
Check XData user guide there exists both "multiple service" and "Multiple servers and models" which will allow you to service/host multiple service/server instances with one executable.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer.

I have looked in the manual, but could not find the topic.

Could you point me to the page number, thanks in advance.

( I did not receive an answer from TMS, I guess the question is too stupid :hot_face: )

Kind regards,
Ole

Hi Ole,

21/197, 103/197

XData documentation is also available in HTML format (my personal preference) and the topic mentioned by @Mehmet_Emin_Borbor is available here:

https://doc.tmssoftware.com/biz/xdata/guide/model.html#multiple-servers-and-models

In summary you have all options: you can have multiple executable applications running multiple XData servers and each server can provide multiple services interfaces and also interact with multiple databases if needed. It really depends on what you need, if you can elaborate, we can try to guide you more specifically.

So many options :grin:

XData servers don't have to be complicated, and they also don't take up many resources. I've gotten into the habit of setting up an XData server for each new project, so that it has its own list of services and Swagger docs and port number, and can be stopped and restarted independently of the others, all working together on one machine with one SSL certificate. I've even got one XData project where a parameter is passed to it telling it which port and configuration to use, in a scenario where the same core XData service is offered as a "whitebox" sort of arrangement for several different websites, just to keep them separate from one another.

1 Like

I think for now I will go for one executable (server) for each service.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.