This issue & solution is explained here:
thanks for your reply. I added my Program-Exe-Name and tried all different values (from 7000 to 11001) for FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION but I do not see a difference.
I get these script-errors...
Maybe I do not do all needed steps to run the Demo:
I opened the Demo-Project (myCloudDataDemo) added the App- and Secret-Key an hit RUN.
Is it usually that simple or must I add/change anything else in the Demo-Project?
Bart Holvoet2016-04-04 15:43:48
thanks - I checked that and also restarted my Computer for sure - but same result.
Just to make the Basics sure. I develop on Delphi 10 Seattle and Windows 10 where Standard-Browser is Edge. I tried to run the exe on Win10 and Win7 - same results.
I can start the exe - but when I click connect the Errors come up.
I just created a new Project with just an TAdMyCloudData (AppKey='x' and SecretKey='y') and a TButton on it. If I try to connect I get the same script-errors.
I guess the App- and Secret-Key is not even involved at this step before the Login-Page is shown. Could it be a Firewall/Port-Problem on my machine ?
Or should I first try to un-/reinstall the Cloud-Pack ?
Do you have some hints, where/how to check ?
I'm pretty sure it must be something about my Browser/Security-Settings. Although I think that they're not very special.
I downloaded the HTML/JS sample and played with that. The login there also does not run smoothly, but when I confirm a few security-warnings, the TMS-Login-page at least Shows.
Maybe the reason is the the In-App Login Page cannot show/handle these Security-warnings.
I know that your time is very limited - so just to let you know - this is not(!) an urgent issue.
Can you please provide the exact description of the warnings you are seeing so I can further investigate this?
now everything works fine with the demo !!!
On http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/cloudpack.asp?s=faq&show=749 it is said that the FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION can be added to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or(!) HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
If it is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE it doesn't work and if I add it to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
everything seems to be fine. No Errors - no external browser needed !
Interesting because all other programs on my machines are located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER and none of them is in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
Sorry that it took me a while to find this out...
I propose to add this to Nancys FAQ in case it's general.
Thanks a lot for your effort !
I was looking over this thread and noticed the issue with IE. Here is some code that you can use in your projects to force IE to use the latest version. I use it with success in my current projects. Hope someone can find it useful.