Installation Error when iOSSimulator not checked.

I am installing FlexCel 7.6.2 into Delphi 10.4.  I selected a full installation and I unchecked iOSSimulatior and iOSDevice64.

The build process failed with the final message in the log shown below.

Can I assume that the Win32 and Win64 parts installed correctly or do I have to install iOSSimulatior and iOSDevice64 as well. My Delphi installation only includes the Win32 and Win64 platforms.

----Build started-------------------------------------------- 26/06/2020 - 11:50:40.98
msbuild.exe "C:\Delphi Components\TMS FlexCel\Packages\dSydney\FlexCel_Core.dproj" "/target:Make" "/p:config=Release" "/p:Platform=iOSSimulator" "/p:UnitSearchPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\lib\iOSSimulator\release" "/p:DelphiLibraryPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\lib\iOSSimulator\release" "/p:IncludePath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\lib\iOSSimulator\release"
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 4.8.3752.0
[Microsoft .NET Framework, version 4.0.30319.42000]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Build started 26/06/2020 11:50:41.
Project "C:\Delphi Components\TMS FlexCel\Packages\dSydney\FlexCel_Core.dproj" on node 1 (Make target(s)).
CreateProjectDirectories:
  Creating directory ".\iOSSimulator\Release\".
  md ".\iOSSimulator\Release\"
  Creating directory "bpl\iOSSimulator\".
  md "bpl\iOSSimulator\"
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(402,5): error MSB6004: The specified task executable location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\bin\dccios32.exe" is invalid. [C:\Delphi Components\TMS FlexCel\Packages\dSydney\FlexCel_Core.dproj]
Done Building Project "C:\Delphi Components\TMS FlexCel\Packages\dSydney\FlexCel_Core.dproj" (Make target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Delphi Components\TMS FlexCel\Packages\dSydney\FlexCel_Core.dproj" (Make target) (1) ->
(_PasCoreCompile target) ->
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(402,5): error MSB6004: The specified task executable location "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\bin\dccios32.exe" is invalid. [C:\Delphi Components\TMS FlexCel\Packages\dSydney\FlexCel_Core.dproj]

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.31

Hi,

Sadly if the setup doesn't end correctly the final registration steps are not done, so no, win32/64 are not installed correctly.

But this is really strange: If you unselected iOS simulator in the setup, it shouldn't try to install the iOS simulator. I should know, I normally don't select it when testing installations. 

Just to be 100% sure, I installed FlexCel in a clean VM selecting only win32/64, and the log doesn't mention anything about iOS. We haven't heard this from other customers either, it should be a common issue as a lot of users don't have iOS or mobile installed.

So if you haven't yet, and before digging deeper, can you retry installing the setup making 100% sure iOS is not selected?

Hi,

I tried reinstalling and everything worked ok.

I am writing instructions on how to recreate the development environment and I must have got mixed up between doing the actual installation and writing the notes.

Thanks for the fast reply and I'm sorry to have bothered you.