iCloudDocument on iOS 8.3

Hello

I've just bought the iCL components to allow me to add iCloud Document support to my Firemonkey app.
I created a sample app, with explicit appID and provisioning profile (linked to a cloud container) and it all works well on my iPhone 4 under iOS 7.

When I run the same app on my iPad running iOS 8.3, the app installs and runs fine, but iCloud isn't available and the app isn't listed as a valid iCloud app under the iCloud Drive settings. I realise iCloudDrive is new for iOS 8, but would expected to have the problem on the iPhone 4 not the iPad if it was related to this.

My Provisioning profile is correct, AppID seems correct (and includes the iPad), my entitlements file contains all the correct keys and values (XE8 generates these now!) so not sure what to look at next.

I wonder if anyone has had this problem before? Or has anyone even created and successfully run an iCloud Documents app on iOS 8.3 using the TMS components?

Thanks in advance!

Hi, 

You should still be able to use the iCloud Document support under iOS 8.3, did you enable iCloud Drive on your iPad when prompted? If this is the case then your iPad expects an iCloud Drive profile instead of an iCloud Document profile. 

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Hi Pieter

Thanks for your response.
My account already seems to have been upgraded to iCloud Drive (possibly done at some time in the past as I didn't get a prompt).
When you say that I need an iCloud Drive profile, what kind of profile are you referring to?
Can I still use the TMS iCloudDocument component with iCloud Drive?

Kind Regards

Chris

Hi, 

It's unclear if there are api changes, or if you can still use the document approach with iCloud Drive. We haven't investigated this here yet. You should have an option when editing your profile to enable iCloud Drive support as well. If the problem persists, you might want to take a look at the application settings to know if your application is authorized to use iCloud. This is typically enabled after getting a dialog to allow iCloud use, but could also be disabled.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter