Global variable to hold folder location TTMSFNCCloudItem is overwritten/corrupted

I've based my prototype on the bundled CloudStorageServiceDemo project. That project has a CurrentFolder variable of type TTMSFNCCloudItem which keeps track of the currently selected folder as the user navigates the hierarchy.

In a similar fashion I want to keep track of a selected folder where files will be uploaded to, so I have declared a global variable Cloud_Folder, also of type TTMSFNCCloudItem to reference this. However this variable is being overwritten as the program executes.

Am I missing something about how global variables interact with FNC Cloud Pack?

If I create a new instance of a TTMSFNCCloudItem, that requires a TCollection parameter which I can't see any documentation for.

Sorry, I'm probably doing something basically wrong here, but I would appreciate any help offered.

Regards,

Adam

Hi,

You should not instantiate TTMSFNCCloudItem collection item classes. The way to interact with files/folders is by using:

CloudStorage.Upload
CloudStorage.Download
CloudStorage.CreateFolder
CloudStorage.GetFolderList (retrieves are all current items)

Sorry, I replied back by email but the contents haven't made it into this thread.

Thanks for confirming I shouldn't instantiate CI classes.

How would you suggest I keep a copy of a CloudItem so I can reference which folder is being used as the destination for file copies?

We use a method to store the item inside a TTMSFNCTreeView, specifically in the DataObject of a node:

procedure TForm1.FillTreeView(ATreeView: TTMSFNCTreeView; ADrive: TTMSFNCCloudItems);

procedure AddFolder(pn: TTMSFNCTreeViewNode; d: TTMSFNCCloudItems);
  var
    tn: TTMSFNCTreeViewNode;
    i: integer;
  begin
    for i := 0 to d.Count - 1 do
    begin
      tn := ATreeView.AddNode(pn);
      tn.Text[0] := d.Items[i].FileName;
      tn.DataObject := d.Items[i];
      if (d.Items[i].ItemType = ciFolder) then
      begin