fmxlivegrid with Delphi 10.4 when editing a cell and exit the value is gone from the cell...

I upgraded to Delphi 10.4 from 10.3.2 with tmxlivegrid version 2.3.3.3 on a windows 10 computer.
Delphi 10.3.2 app works fine but after upgrade to 10.4 the fmxlivegrid grid when edit a field and exit the field is blank(Deleted) out. There is no value showing.

Help?
Garnet

Update Looks like the issue is: I have been using the .Post command to save record, however when I changed to .UpdateRecord it worked fine. Weird, I did not change any components with the upgrade just copied app to the new directory for Delphi 10.4 and Clear then compile App and run it.

We have not received similar reports, so that's very strange. Perhaps you could re-create the application, in 10.4 to make sure you have a clean project.

Pieter,
I did create a much smaller app in Delphi 10.4 and updated my TMS COMPONENT TO CURRENT VERSION AND STILL HAVE THE SAME ISSUE.
I am using the TMSFMXLIVEGRID WITH OPTION EDITING WITH NO AUTOPOST. USING ONCellEditDone
WITH THE FOLLOWING CODE:
procedure TForm1.SalesGridCellEditDone(Sender: TObject; ACol, ARow: Integer; CellEditor: TFmxObject);
begin
FDTbl1.Edit;
if (ACol = 16) and (Arow = SalesGrid.Selected) then
BEGIN
FDTbl1.FieldByName('CUSTOMERPO').ASSTRING := SalesGrid.Cells[Acol, Arow];
END;
if FDTbl1.State IN [dsEdit] then
begin
try
FDTbl1.Post;
except
on E: Exception do
begin
showmessage('Exception Raised SO RECORD with message : '+ #13#10 + E.message);
fdtbl1.Cancel;
exit;
end
end;
end;

NOTE: THIS HAS ALLWAYS WORK UNTIL DELPHI 10.4....
ALSO WHEN I COPIED THIS APP BACK TO 10.3.2 IT WORKS AS ALLWAYS...
HELP?

Hi,

we still need to do some testing. It could be possible that 10.4.1 has changed something. Our code has remained unchanged. I suggest to go back to 10.4 for now. We'll investigate this issue as soon as possible.

Pieter,
I have not upgraded to 10.4.1 yet, the problem is at 10.4. It works fine at 10.3.2.

Thanks
Garnet

We have tested this here and couldn't reproduce the issue. The above code is working as expected (tested against a TClientDataset). Did you try this on a default grid (TGrid)? If you execute the code from a button click, does the post work? It's unclear exactly why in RAD Studio 10.4 this issue is reproducible and in 10.3 not, as the code is exactly the same between those 2 environments

Pieter,
I am using Firedac components: fdtbl1 is a Firedac FDTable component that is bind to SalesGrid which is your fmxlivegrid component. This has always worked until I upgraded to 10.4.

Workaround: is to change the SalesGrid options autopost to apCell and remove the fdtbl1.post within the SalesGridCellEditDone event. Also, when using a button to assign values, I must first set SalesGrid options autopost to apNone last set autopost back to apCell;

Hi,

Thanks for the input. We still need to allocate time to further investigate exactly what happens in 10.4. So far we haven't seen issues, but it could potentially be an underlying issue in the framework.

Pieter,
I have purchased the FNC component and would like to convert my app from livegrid to what in FNC?
Also is there a sample app using interbase with FNC grid?

Thanks
Garnet

In FNC we chose old-school binding, because LiveBindings is too closed to make extensions. The TTMSFNCGridDatabaseAdapter class is what you are looking for. There are samples using TClientDataSet, not via Interbase

I am currently converting from livegrid to fnc grid.
Question 1: How can I handle fields of type timestamp and datetime in the fnc grid?

Thanks
Garnet

The grid converts the values to a string, are you referring to editing? Or formatting? Can you provide more details?

Editing
How to change a timestamp field in the fnc grid like using etdatepicker editor type?
Thanks
Garnet

This is currently not possible unless you implement a custom editor. You can see how this is done in the Demo\Grid Feature Demos\Editing folder.